C H A P T E R 1 0

— • —

Chapter 10: The Marvelous Yong'an Empire; Inside the Fengxian Brothel, Part 1

Banyue took a step forward, his right hand holding an illuminating pale white sword, and the men in black began to point their weapons at him with alarmed expressions. The slave auctioneer stepped back and hid behind Reng'er, his female subordinate.

The audience, who were looking at Banyue with bewilderment, fear, and admiration on their faces, paved the way for him as he slowly walked forward while looking at the slave auction master as if he were looking at a bug. Reng'er also pulled an arrow from her quiver and aimed in his direction, intimidated by his terrifying aura.

"Who is that man?"

"The slave auction master called him Shuang Jian Xiushi."

"Shuang Jian Xiushi? The Dual Sword Cultivator who was in the rumors?!"

"Yes, that's right. They said he wields two swords, one with spiritual qi and one with demonic qi."

"Then that sword he's holding is the one with spiritual qi?"

"Well, I think so."

"Then how about the sword with demonic qi?"

"Hmmm. I heard that Shuang Jian Xiushi never wielded his other sword other than the white one."

"Huh? Then why is he displaying his other sword? For his title?"

"Shhhh! What if he hears you?!!! Do you see his expression?! It's as if he was going to kill everyone here!!!"

".........."

"I also heard that his swords are alive!"

"What?! Alive?!"

"Yes! I heard he killed someone, and because of his hatred, he sealed the person's soul on his sword!"

"Oh my, how cruel..."

"I had never heard it before."

"Tsk! Even men gossiped in ancient times?!" Xin Yue scowled and whispered beside Feng Xin, who was slightly trembling while looking at the men in black clothing and Banyue.

In a split second, a high-pitched shout resonated inside the slave auction house, followed by countless men in black clothing rushing forward to land a strike in Banyue's direction. The audience immediately ran away; some hid in the corners, some hid under the table, some ran out of the slave auction house, and some died because they were on the way.

Xin Yue bit his lips at the horrifying sight he was seeing right now, because he had never seen how the villagers were massacred back at the mountain, and he also never saw the bandits being killed; he never knew and saw how blood gushed out of their skin and how their flesh got ripped apart from their skin.

Death was very normal in the ancient era; it was either kill or be killed. The cruelty of hardship and how people killed others as if they were killing a bug were common things in the ancient era. Even if Xin Yue was a modern person and didn't like seeing someone get killed, he also knew that ancient people were full of betrayal and cruel and suspicious people. And he always did not let his guard down or trust anyone.

Banyue serenely swung his sword, and the dancing spiritual qi of the sword followed the trail of the tip of its blade. Though it may seem like a rather beautiful sight to see, the way Banyue swung his sword was full of killing intent mixed with a bewitching image.