C H A P T E R 6 2

— • —

Chapter 62: Acceptance

With the death of the Sun God, a great deal of things occurred. Upon informing the elders of the Sun God's hidden misconducts, the Moon God and Dan Cianxi's group did the same, only to have their disappointment confirmed when the elders informed the Ancient Gods. One week after Banyue took over his father's authority as the sole heir of the Sun God. As the God of Death and the one who transfers the souls of all creatures to the Demon Realm, he did not vanish, even if his duties as the new Sun God gave him the greatest authority in the Heaven Realm.

However, Xin Yue returned first to the Mortal Realm to retrieve the three heads from the Yong'an Empire's Imperial Palace and bury them in Liu Huangjin's Pavilion in the southern portion of the Fengxian Brothel, close to the double waterfall. He needed to address the minor issues before moving on to the more significant ones if he was going to make all the corrections.

"Thank you, Xin Yue. Really....." Madam Xingying said with a smile as she stared at the three graves in front of the double waterfall. "I know how badly Liu Huangjin wanted to journey outside the world. He was always been curious to see it since he was young. But being destined to be one of the Fengxian people, he had so many responsibilities at an early age." She smiled sadly and her lips trembled as she said her next words, "As his mother......it hurts me the most, watching him do his best to rise to the ranks and suffer here..... But we're dedicated to the Yong'an Empire. And we cannot do what we wish."

Though Xin Yue was taken aback, he realized that now was not the right moment to ask questions. He caressed the elderly woman's shoulders and allowed her to mourn as she bent over Liu Huangjin's tomb and sobbed in a raspy voice. "Don't worry, Madam Xingying." Xin Yue said with a smile, "You're all free. Everyone is free now. You can all do as you please. No one can stop you."

"Thank you....." Madam Xingying said between her sobs.

With a sorrowful expression on his face, Xin Yue cast a glance at the tiny toy doll that Madam Xingying was holding as she placed it on top of Liu Huangjin's grave. In the middle of the bewilderment, Xin Yue realized he had forgotten someone, so he asked, "Madam Xingying, where's Liu Xiao? I heard from the people that Feng Xin saved him but still died in the end."

"Ah....." Madam Xingying heaved a heavy breath before replying with a smile, "Fortunately, my grandson is in good hands. A renowned cultivator who was known as the Darling of the Heavens in the cultivation world took him in. Liu Huangjin and Lian Pianxi once begged him to take Liu Xiao and he refused first. But when he heard from Feng Xin that they would be killed, the old man had no choice but to take Liu Xiao and hide."

Xin Yue frowned, "Why didn't he save the three of them? Isn't he one of the renowned cultivators?"

Madam Xingying shook her head and replied, "Cultivators cannot meddle with mortal affairs. Their sole job is only to protect them from demons and maintain the balance of the Mortal Realm. My son's affair doesn't connect with demons or other cultivators so the old man cannot do something about it."

Even though Xin Yue was still irritated, he eventually realized that enormous power also carries great responsibility. He shifted his gaze at the graves and spoke, "Then that old man? Where is he right now?"

"You can see him at the Chuanzu Mountain." Madam Xingying answered, "But that place is dangerous. It's the nest of the mythical beasts. And also the mountain was ruled by a Phoenix bird. You'll surely die since you're not a cultivator." She said with a worried tone.