C H A P T E R 2 2

— • —

Chapter 22: Brand New World Part 2

Few of the servants inside Banyue's Manor were busy, some were cleaning the edges of the Manor until it shined like a sparkling glass, and some were busy replacing the furniture with new ones. One month passed after Xin Yue went back to the Mortal Realm after he went up to the Heaven Realm, and Xin Yue had done nothing in this past month.

He was either playing with nobles who often visited Banyue's Manor to pay respects or eating something he would find delicious inside the Manor. Day after day, night after night, it was only the thing he had done in the whole month, nothing more.

As time passed by, Xin Yue became even more bored to the point that he only lay on the bed to pass the time. Banyue decided to send him a tutor since he didn't know much about the outside world since he lived in a remote village at the peak of the mountain. Xin Yue sat on the floor, munching on fruit candies while listening to the tutor in front of him with an exhausted expression.

"As you can see, there are four dynasties in our world. The first one is Beichao or North Dynasty, Young Master Yue is now located in the North Dynasty and this Dynasty was named the Empire of Qiaochen. The north had very harsh weather and it was always snowing so the empire could not build farmlands but rely on plants that could survive the harsh climate of the North, so the Empire of Qiaochen is known as the poorest empire of the four dynasties."

Xin Yue was always curious about the world he was in because after he died, he had transmigrated into a world he didn't know much about. So when the tutor started talking about the history of the dynasties, Xin Yue became more interested, he sat properly on the floor while munching on the fruit candies on the table with soft purple his eyes full of curiosity and excitement.

The tutor noticed his change of heart and his lips curved into a small grin as he continued to speak, "The second dynasty was Nanchao or South Dynasty, and the name of that dynasty is the Empire of Yong'an. It was believed that the Empire of Yong'an was a blessed land by a god from the faithful prayers of a mute girl who met a zither player. Generation after generation, the emperors of the Empire of Yong'an were born as strong warriors that's why the Empire of Yong'an had the strongest military power out of the four dynasties."

Xin Yue nodded in acknowledgment, "That's awesome. They will be harder to conquer because of their military power, but at the same time the country still needed economic balance not just military power to feed the citizens and other Empires might take it as an advantage to monopolize the resources in exchange for Yong'an military....."

The tutor was astonished at his statement and also nodded in agreement, "You're right, Young Master Yue. The empire of Yong'an had a large population because people thought that the Yong'an Empire was the safest empire out of the four when it came to war. However, because of the large population, the empire had a shortage of resources and had to borrow the Huangxin Port to trade with other countries."

Xin Yue raised his eyes, "I think the Huangxin Port is owned by the Empire of Wan Rong."

The tutor replied, "Yes. And the empire of Wan Rong is the Dongchao or the East Dynasty. It is the richest empire out of the four dynasties because of its Huangxin port. They can trade in other countries without charges so the Empire of Wan Rong is rich in every aspect as well as their military power. However, the military power of the Yong'an empire can't be compared to the army of the Wan Rong empire who were bought mercenaries."