Anupriya bit on her lip and closed her eyes, leaning into his embrace. Tracing his nose on her skin, Amir wetted her neck with his balmy kisses.

"Do you still hate me?" He asked, catching her earlobe between his lips. "For cock blocking?" 

His words sent shivers down her spine and she turned to him on his lap, dipping fingers on his shoulders. Her eyes fused with his when she tilted her neck to close the distance between their lips and her phone buzzed. 

"Shit!" She broke apart from Amir and grabbed her phone. Her eyebrows slanted when she saw the caller ID. Amir peeked from her shoulder, "Who's calling you so late in the night?" 

"Who else? There's just one devil in my life." She pursed her lips and cut the call. "Forget about him." 

She jumped on him again and the phone disturbed them. Amir sighed, unwinding her arms from his neck. "I think we need to postpone the romance. Date is going to change in five minutes." 

He pointed at the clock and Anupriya cut the call before nodding at him with a smile. "Yeah." 

A minute later, she sat on his lap. Two minutes later, she held the knife. Three minutes later, Amir lit the candles and four minutes later, they both were staring at the clock in anticipation. Just as the long hand of the clock was about to reach the 'twelve', the door of her room boomed with an impatient knock. 

"Anu di! Anu di! Anu di!" 

Anupriya squealed in reflex and jumped away from Amir. She panicked, listening to her sister on the doorstep. Her eyes grew wide and she flailed her hands in the air, asking Amir to hide inside the bathroom. She literally pushed him through the door. "I am sorry, Amir. But, please stay inside and don't make a noise." 

"But…."

"Please Amir. I beg you." She pleaded and dumped the cake in his hands. "Take this along with you." 

"Anu di, are you awake?" Supriya was still outside. Anupriya gulped a nervous sigh and shouted back, "Yes. I'm coming, wait."

She kissed Amir once before hotfooting to open the door for Supriya. "What?" 

Supriya eyed her top to bottom and made a face, "What took you so long? I bet you were not sleeping." 

"Shut up!" Anupriya gave her a tight smile. "What do you need?" 

Supriya sighed, "I don't need anything. It's your boss. He asked me to…."

"Wait, wait, wait! How did you get his number?" Anupriya was sure she never shared his contact with Supriya. Her sister rolled her eyes, "We are friends on Facebook." 

"What?" 

"Why are you fretting over it? Just talk to him. He's waiting for your call." She said and turned to go. "Oh, by the way, happy birthday, dida!" She hugged Anupriya with a grin and kissed her cheek. "I have planned a surprise for you tomorrow." 

Anupriya shook her head in amusement and slapped Supriya's arm slightly. "It's not a surprise if I know about it already, idiot!" 

"Well, you don't know what I've planned for you. So…. it's still a surprise." Supriya shrugged and Anupriya nodded with a sigh. "Okay, now…. I am going to sleep." 

"Oh yeah, goodnight." Supriya waved and Anupriya hailed back, closing her door. She curled her fists and stomped to the bed, looking for her phone. She typed his number and punched the dial button. 

"Hello?" He picked the call after three rings. She opened her mouth to curse but stopped. With few deep breaths, she managed to calm down and asked sweetly. "Good morning, sir! How may I help you?" 

"Test your eyes, Ms. Acharya. It's night." He mocked and she smirked, sprawling on her bed. "Oh, no. Didn't you focus in your classes when they were teaching the time? It's twelve. The day has changed. We consider it 'morning' as it is AM." She said and added, sneering. "Sir!" 

"Good that you know this. So, come to the office right now." He said and she sat up straight, "What?" 

"Judging from your shock, I'm sure you heard me." He was such a snob.

"It's so late in the night, sir. I can't come." She stressed and he laughed, "Oh really? You said it's morning. What's the problem?" 

"Yuvaan!" She hissed out his name. "Stop joking. It's late. Baba won't let me come."

"Are you sure about it?" 

"Yes." She said confidently and he hung up on her. She gaped at the screen in disbelief. What the fuck! Did he just hang up on her? Before she could hurl curses at him, her phone rang again. 

She picked the call and opened her mouth to say something but he cut her in between. "Your dad has agreed. I'm coming to take you in ten minutes. Be ready." 

"Wait, wait…. What?" Anupriya jolted on her toes and swore colorfully as he had hung up on her once again. 

_________

I've decided to post the initial five chapters for review to know if you guys wanna go with the story or not.