67

Oh no, who is that?!

Hearing the doorknob rattling, Junghye immediately grabbed a rusty rod and leaned against the wall right beside the door.

When someone stepped in, she yelled. "Stay away from me!"

"Junghye!"

Fortunately, Jin was quick to stop her from swinging the rod at him as he grabbed her arms.

"It's okay, it's me. Baby, it's me," he whispered, hugging her tight with the feeling of relief washed over him.

"Jin, I missed you!" she cried, letting go of the rod and swinging her arms around his body, crying onto his shoulder.

"I missed you too, love," he murmured, placing a kiss on her head as he pulled away. "But now, we need to get out. Are you ready?"

Junghye nodded, then Jin grabbed her hand tight. He then poked his head out of the room and looked around.

They could hear the shooting that was happening on the other side of the building. Making sure that Junghye was right behind him, he then quickly guided their way back towards the emergency staircase where he came from, but what he didn't know was what was hiding behind the wall to the stairs.

"Agh!" Jin shouted, as he felt a striking pain behind his head and instantly fell to the ground.

"Jin!!!" Junghye yelled, and as she turned around, Griffin immediately grabbed her arm and dragged her with him.

"Let go of me, Griffin! Let me GO!" she screamed, trying to free herself from his grip while he dragged her towards the stairs that were going up.

"You're coming with me!" Griffin growled, pulling out a gun from his holster and aimed it at Junghye first before he moved it away from her and aimed at Jin, who was still trying to regain his energy.

"No! Jin!!! NO!"

Her plea was ignored when Griffin pulled the trigger and shot once at Jin's shoulder, sending the man back to the floor while Junghye watched it all in horror.

Crying non-stop, her legs were ready to give out anytime soon, but Griffin began to drag her with him by force, and having no other choice, she had to abide him.

"You evil!" she shrieked as they continued to climb the stairs.

"If only you never meddle with my business," he hissed.

"AND JUST LET YOU DO YOUR SHIT WITH OUR MONEY? YOU PATHETIC STUPID GUY! LET ME GO!!!" she yelled again, just realizing that both of them were now on the open rooftop, the scent of the ocean hit her nose.

Junghye somehow managed to pry her arm out of Griffin's grip, and it enraged him so much that he ended up slapping her cheek and sending her to the floor.

Junghye winced, getting herself up and scooting away from him, trying to distance herself from him as he walked over to her.

"How does it feel to lose someone you loved right before your eyes, huh?" Griffin began as he squatted down before her.

"What?"

"We both lost our loved ones. Fair, isn't it?"

"You never loved Minju," Junghye snarled through her gritted teeth.

"Who said so? Herself? That bitch never sees what I've done for her. Yet, she went for another guy..."

"You should've treated her right if you want her to stay with you."

"You're right. That was my biggest mistake. Now, stop talking and get up."

Griffin suddenly darted towards her and grabbed both her arms as she resisted.