49

Seokjin sighed at the sight of a brown folder before his eyes.

"That's quick," he grunted, taking the folder into his hands and opening it.

The divorce form, already filled with Junghye's details, was all completed except that she hasn't signed it yet.

"Well, actually I had told him in advance. So all I had to do was... ask him to give it to me," Junghye explained, sitting across from him. "Are you having thoughts?"

"N-No! Just..." he sighed, staring at the paper that he had put down on the coffee table. "I'm busy with work these days. I need to look for a new financial manager now, patients' appointments and all. I need you... to give me support."

"Well, I obviously can do that even after the divorce. All we need are just our signatures and family stamps. And then you can submit it to the registrar's office."

"Why me?"

Suddenly all that confidence boost she had earlier disappeared.

Seokjin noticed how hesitant she looked now, playing with her fingers as she bit her lip.

"I... I'm going to New Zealand tomorrow."

"What?!" he suddenly yelled, standing up from the sofa. "Why? What for? Why so sudden? Is this why you wanted the divorce so bad? Are you really going to leave me again?"

Junghye stood up and quickly walked over to him. "No, it's not like that-"

"Then what is it?" he asked, but then he snorted. "Ah, right. The guy you like. He must be from there. How couldn't I think of that?"

"No, that's not true-"

"What's not true? You've been living there for years, of course, you have so many friends there. Moreover, you're a 'social butterfly'. Fine. I'll sign this and let you go."

Junghye watched him as he aggressively took the folder and began to stomp away from the living room. So she rushed over to him and grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Jin, why are you so mad at me?"

He yanked his arm and without turning to her, he said, "because my friend is going to leave me again."

*11:25pm*

She slowly closed her room door and made her way to the kitchen area, dragging along her luggage.

She saw the divorce form on top of the kitchen counter, and saw Seokjin's sign on it, with the family stamp.

Junghye reached into her handbag and pulled out a small pouch. She placed down the family stamp that she had always brought along with her and her black pen.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, after signing and stamping the paper. She then took off her wedding ring and placed it on the papers.

She walked towards the open living room area and looked around.

Time passed by so quickly that she had just realized that they had been living together for almost eight months.

Eight months of marriage on paper, for something that she would have never thought was a trick by Seokjin's late grandma.

She tightened her grip on her luggage handle and made her way to the garage door as her other hand was holding her phone against her ear.

"Mom, I'm on my way," she said, approaching her car and unlocked the car security system.

"You're really going to do this?"

"Mom, it's just a checkup. I've been waiting for this moment," she said, grunting as she loaded her luggage into the backseat. She then pressed on the automatic garage door button, opening them as she got ready for her car.