20

Jiwook turned around as he heard Junghye's sleepy voice from behind him.

"You're awake," he smiled, transferring the last pancake he made onto the plate on the kitchen counter. He took the plate and placed it onto the small dining table where Junghye had been sitting by.

"Good morning, love," he softly whispered, placing a kiss on the temple of her head.

"Morning... Oh, my head," Junghye grumbled, massaging her head right before Jiwook passed her the hangover drink.

"Here you go," he said as she took the opened bottle and drank it. "You were so drunk last night."

"Really?" she nervously said.

Jiwook noticed her shaking pupils, instantly knowing that she was a bit in worry.

"Did I say something weird?" she began to ask, just like what he had expected.

"Not weird," he chuckled and took a seat next to her as he continued. "You kinda... revealed something to me."

Her eyes widened at this. "What... did I reveal..."

"About what grandma had suggested to you on that dinner night. The marriage," he said, glancing at her.

But there was only a long silence.

Junghye let out a small sigh with her fingers tapping against the table, and her reaction only brought him amusement.

He softly patted her head and caressed her hair, straightening it from the bedhead look, and let out a soft laugh.

"Come on, it's fine. I just don't want you to be like this. Drinking and all..."

She looked at the bottle in her hand, and a smile slowly appeared.

"Remember how we first met? Back in Christchurch?" she suddenly recalled.

"Oh. You got into the hospital because you were too drunk," he snickered, with the images of a younger version of her passing through his mind.

"My friends were overreacting! I was just drunk!" she whined, with her pouty lips.

"Well, it's because of them that we met. You bumped into me because you were trying to leave the hospital."

"Well, I wasn't expecting to wake up in a hospital, for sure. That's why I tried to leave."

Jiwook couldn't hold in his happiness; just the sight of her whining before his eyes was enough to make him full with joy in that early morning. He leaned in towards her and kissed her nose.

I've never been so deeply in love with someone, and yet 'that someone' might slip away from me any moment soon.

"Wait, what time is it?" Junghye suddenly interrupted.

Jiwook glanced at the wall clock and then back at her with a knowing smirk.

"I already had informed Soojung that you'll be in after lunch," he giggled, placing light kisses on her cheek.

"Oh? Urgh..." she grumbled, moving closer to him and slipped her arms around him, hugging him closer and tight.

"Thank you so much," she whispered against his neck, placing kisses on it. "For everything."

"No. Thank YOU for everything," he whispered back. They pulled away from each other, and Jiwook placed his hand on her cheek, caressing it gently.

"You changed me. Being with you had changed me a lot. I know we've only been together for months, but then grandma..."