65

"You said that they would come soon," Minju huffed impatiently, tapping her feet against the floor as she looked out of the window to the front area of the abandoned building.

"Minju, you can't just expect them to be here even if I told them the hint of the location. They love to check thoroughly rather than wasting their time on a place that may not be the right location," Griffin sighed, standing next to her and leaning against the window's ledge as he faced her.

When Minju tried to avoid his gaze, he forcefully grabbed her chin and made her face him. "Why, my baby in a rush to be freed from me?

"I want Junghye to be in safe condition! I want her to go back home!" she yelled, pushing his arm away as she took a step back.

"I remembered that..." he hummed, then he began to take a step closer to her. "It was YOU who proposed this whole idea. You gave me the plan to escape to that island there, and then to Japan. But first, I had to get her because you told me I can use her to threaten her husband. And now?"

"I just realized that I can be a better person when I know her more."

"Don't you ever wish, that you could turn back time and be friends with her?"

"No," she growled, and the courage in her came out of nowhere when she suddenly took a step closer to him, and hissed, "I only wished that I could turn back time and KILL you!"

The corner of his lips twitched, so he began to ask her.

"I'm gonna give you another chance, and you still have the time to think about it, whether you want to stay with me, on the run, doing dangerous things together, like you always wanted or," he paused as he placed his hand behind her head, playing her hair as he proceeded, "get punished by your own country, rot in jail for life, being a disgrace to your family, and hated by the community for wasting your dermatologist talent, fully sponsored by your country?"

"I chose the latter one," she whispered, gaining a long heavy sigh from him.

"Well, you made a choice."

***

Junghye was staring out the small window that showed her both the forest and the sea, and she just found out that the building she was in was right on top of a cliff.

She looked around and saw a tall water tower far away from the building, and that was the only tower she saw around the area.

Suddenly she heard something.

"You deserved this, bitch!!!"

Minju?

Junghye ran to the door and tried to listen through it, and all she could hear was the screams of Minju, and that was enough to make her filled with fear.

Then when she heard rushing footsteps coming in her direction, she ran back to the bed and sat as far as she could as she waited.

And she heard the sound of the door unlocked. It opened.

"Get in! Go rot in there with your new friend!" a guy shouted, pushing Minju with a strong force onto the floor, then he closed the door, locking it back.

Junghye rushed towards Minju, who had been sobbing hard as she helped her to get onto the bed, she had realized something different about the crying girl.

Her hair was messed up, bruises all over her arms especially her wrists, and one big bruise around her mouth.

"Minju, what happened?!" she asked frantically.

"It's okay, Junghye... It's okay..." Minju sobbed, still crying. "At least he knew that I'm not on his side anymore."

"What... Minju, what did they do to you?"