21

*Few days later*

Junghye stepped out of the craft store with a smile, satisfied with her loot that evening and now ready to go home to resume her art activity.

Until her phone rang.

She blinked her eyes a few times when the name 'Lee Soojung' popped up on the screen.

"Oh? Hello?" Junghye called out, as she began to walk down the streets in Itaewon.

"Um... Junghye ah."

She stopped walking and covered her other ear when she heard loud music booming through the phone.

"Wait, wait. Where are you? Why is it loud there?" she asked.

"I'm in a... Um... nightclub... bathroom..."

Her jaw dropped when she heard the hesitated answer. "What are you doing there?!" she yell-whispered into the phone, stepping to one side of the streets.

"Remember that I told you that I got a blind date?"

"Blind date? IN A NIGHTCLUB?"

"I WILL EXPLAIN THAT LATER, BUT NOW..."

When Junghye heard Soojung let out a huff, she couldn't help but let her curiosity build up.

"I think I saw Minju here... with a guy..."

"Oh... Kim Seokjin going wild tonight-"

"But... She's not with Doctor Kim. This place is full of foreigners! She's with a Caucasian!"

Junghye went speechless. Her eyes widened after hearing that. And she couldn't respond to Soojung at all.

The only name that was popping in her mind was Kim Seokjin.

"And I think I should tell you something about what I overheard... from her. It's about Doctor Kim."

Her grip on her phone tightened. She then put her stuff into her sling bag and began to walk quickly.

"Tell me your location. I will save you from that place."

"Yes, please save me! I'm scared!"

"Share your current location, and remember to play along with me once I'm there."

*

"Come on. Just one drink."

Soojung once again pushed the guy's hand with a glass of vodka away, shaking her head.

"Sorry but this drink is too strong for me. I can't have it," she said, taking another step away from him, but again, he grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Please... We can go on our second date if you finish this one-"

"LEE SOOJUNG!"

Suddenly someone yelled, loud and clear despite the booming music in that nightclub.

Soojung turned around and let out a relieved sigh when she saw Junghye rushing towards her.

Junghye then grabbed Soojung's arm abruptly, with her face that could only reflect anger.

"Why are you here?! Mom's looking for you! You told me you were going out with your friends, but who is he?!" Junghye yelled.

"Ah, eonnie! I-I-I'm sorry!" Soojung whimpered, also fake-crying to make the whole situation real.

"Save your sorry for mom. She is waiting at home. I won't back you up this time. Go, wait outside!" Junghye raged, pushing Soojung behind her, and watched her walking away towards the exit, safely.