23

"Again?" Geunji grunted heavily, as he closed the door behind him and walked towards the bed.

"Yes. Doctor Park told me to call you here discreetly," Junghye sighed, sitting up on her bed.

"Yes, it's supposed to be like that," he chuckled, then he sat on the bedside beside her, letting out a sigh. "Really, again?"

"That's why I've requested a private room," she shrugged, looking at the cannula in her hand.

"I told you to date me," he smirked, tugging on the sleeves of his lab coat and ran his fingers through his hair. "Now you're here a few times already so that you can see me?"

"Shut up. This is why girls won't stick with you," she scoffed, slapping his arm hard.

He laughed. "Anyways, who took you here? Please don't tell me it's Jin."

"No. It's Kim Jiwook."

"Ugh..." he grunted, hearing the name of the other Kim. "Do you know how hard it is to make up stories? Senior Doctor Kim always reminds me every day about you, he always makes me anxious. Almost all the senior doctors here are being careful too."

Junghye looked down at her hands and sighed. "Sorry, Geunji ah. I'll talk with him. Seokjin's dad is easy to talk to."

"Well, I hope so," he said, patting her head and then he let out another worried sigh. "What if Jiwook suddenly asks me questions? You know that he can read people's minds."

"I can just convince him that I just got a normal migraine or something. Don't worry."

Suddenly they heard knocks on her door. Both of them quickly turned at the door and Geunji quickly stood back on his feet and began to reach the door.

"That must be him," Junghye said, then nodded before he opened the door and Jiwook entered.

"Junghye dear," Jiwook called out as he rushed to her side, sitting on the spot where Geunji was. "You're okay?"

"I'm fine," she replied with a smile that could soften his worries.

"Must have been the cold surrounding last night," he whispered, kissing her forehead.

And then he turned around. "And why are you here, Doctor Ryu?"

Geunji was a bit flustered as he had been standing on the same spot in silence, expecting that maybe Jiwook would never call him out if he stayed silent. Well, he was wrong.

"Oh, I called him in," Junghye suddenly said, noticing Geunji in a flustered state. "You know, I don't want Seokjin to know that I'm here again, so I called in Doctor Ryu. Plus, we had known each other since high school, so..."

She let her words hanging there when Jiwook went quiet, looking at her with eyes filled with doubts.

She sighed and grabbed his hand slowly as she spoke, "Jiwook, please believe me. There's nothing else."

He hesitantly nodded, right before his phone rang. He pulled it out from his pocket and realized that it was an appointment reminder.

He stared at the screen for a moment then turned the alarm off.

"You'll be out soon?" he asked her while putting his phone back into his coat pocket.

"Yeah. But I'll go out by myself, don't worry about it. I know you have another appointment with your patient soon, so don't neglect this person for me, please. You know I don't like that," she insisted.

"Fine. Please be careful then."

with that, Jiwook stood up and placed a kiss on her head before then turning around to Geunji.