52

Seokjin stared at his phone on the table. He let out another sigh.

It has been three days since Junghye left. And he felt empty. So empty without her around.

He spun around in his chair, looking out at the window, and stared at the clear, blue sky.

Ah, that's it.

He then pressed a button on his office phone, and when someone answered his call, he immediately asked.

"Miss Lee? Can you please come in?"

He stood up and instantly gathered up all the files and works on his table, putting them on one side of the table as his secretary walked into his office.

"You're calling me, sir?" the secretary asked, getting ready with the schedule book opened in her hands.

"Do I have meetings after this?"

"No, sir."

"How about tomorrow? And the day after? Then next week?"

"Uh... there's one tomorrow after lunch, and one the day after. Why?"

"Can you please cancel them?" Seokjin suddenly requested, walking over to his coat rack and hung his doctor's coat there, switching it with his long jacket.

"But, sir! Those are the meetings for the new batch of interns for next month. Plus, you're still looking for the new head department for finance," she reminded him.

"I'll inform Doctor Kim Jiwook about the internship. He'll take over my place. The head department, just cancel that until I come back. Because I really need to go now."

Finally, when he grabbed his car keys and his bag, she asked him: "Sir, where are you going?"

He smiled and gazed up at her.

"New Zealand."

***

He stepped out of the departure hall and looked around. When he spotted both Junghwa and her mother rushing towards him, he knew something happened.

"Seokjin ah, you're a tiny... tiny bit late!" Mrs. Han huffed, catching her breath as she grabbed his arms for support.

"Why?" he asked.

"Junghye eonnie is going to Queenstown," Junghwa explained, rubbing her mom's back to help her breathe calmly.

"She's going alone? Do you guys know where her next locations are?"

"Um, well... eonnie told me that she's going to meet her friends throughout the whole trip. I know them, so maybe I can lead you."

"Isn't it better if you go to a place ahead of her, while she's visiting others?" Mrs. Han suggested, finally letting out a heavy huff as she regained her energy.

"What do you mean, mom?"

"Arriving at a place before she does. Duh."

Junghwa gasped, clapping excitedly at the idea. "Mom, you're a genius!"

She then turned to Seokjin, smirking before she told him: "You should go directly to the Lake Tekapo Motels and Holiday Park. She had some friends there, so I knew that she would stop there for a few nights."

======================================

"Hey, Junghye! Open up! It's me, Kim Seokjin!"

"No, you're not! You're uh... my imagination. I must've been dreaming."

Junghye grabbed her blanket closer to her, as she moved far to the back of the cabin, away from the door.