43

"Junghye, where are you?" Seokjin hissed to himself, biting his nails as the phone kept on ringing, waiting for someone to pick up at the end of the line. And when someone did, his breath hitched.

"Hello? Mrs. Han? Is Junghye there with you?"

"What, you guys fought again? Seriously?"

"No, no. She went out and she never told me where she had gone. And now that it's almost midnight, and yet she's still out there. In this heavy rain," he explained, looking out the window and watching the rain pouring heavily.

"You're worried about her?"

"W-Well, of course, I do!" he stuttered.

"Did you call her phone?"

"I couldn't reach her. Maybe her phone died. Just... in case, if she's there, I'll come and get her."

"I'll call you back if she's really coming here."

"Okay, thanks," he sighed and ended the call. But then his eyes caught something among the call log.

"Stupid me, I should've called Jiwook!"

Not wasting any more time, he immediately called his cousin, and Jiwook almost instantly answered the call.

"Hello? Jiwook?" Seokjin called out.

"Oh, why are you calling me?"

"Did you see Junghye?"

"Oh. Yeah, I did. I was about to send her home, but she told me to drop her at the playground, near her family home."

"Playground?"

When Seokjin said that, Jiwook went quiet. As if realizing something.

"Ah, I should've sent her directly to you instead of dropping her there. Now you're mad at me."

"No, no. It's okay. Thanks, Jiwook!" Seokjin immediately thanked him, taking his car keys with him as he dashed towards the garage.

"Kim Seokjin."

Hearing Jiwook calling his full name kind of made him feel weird. He stopped right before he entered his car, and heard Jiwook sniffing on the other side of the phone.

As if he had been crying.

"Take care of her for me."

Jiwook suddenly ended the call, leaving his cousin speechless.

Huh?

***

"You're sure she's not at your place?"

"Of course, Seokjin. Why would I lie to you?! I'm worried like you too. Oh, my poor Junghye out there, alone in the cold. Please look for her, please..."

"I will," Seokjin assuredly said, as he stopped his car right next to the playground area.

"Oh? She's not in the hut," he muttered to himself as he stared at the hut on the right side of the playground.

He then grabbed his umbrella from the back seat of his car and immediately got out of his car, entering the playground area.

"Junghye? Im Junghye?!" he shouted out, with hope to see or hear something despite the rain.

He began to look through the large pipes on the ground. Because that was where she used to hide from him in the past. But when he didn't find her there, he knew where to look for her next.