11

"This is where your grandma lives? Wow! It's like an old palace!" Minju whispered as Jin began to drive his car past the large gate, entering his grandma's residence.

It was a huge mansion with the designs of modern architecture combined with a traditional Hanok house, making the view astonishing for every first-timer to that place, especially at night.

"This place holds a lot of memories," Jin smiled after carefully parked his car in the parking lot beside his brother's car, who had come along with him.

"Is everyone ready?" Seokjung asked his young brother as he approached him with his wife.

As Jin nodded, all of them began to walk towards the mansion with Seokjung's leading the way.

"Jinnie, I'm nervous," Minju whispered, clutching tight onto Seokjin's arm.

"Don't be, I'm here," he smiled, reassuring her by grabbing her hand softly.

"It's my first time meeting your grandma. She's the head of the family."

"Don't worry. Just stay with me."

"Seokjin ah, is Junghye coming?" Seokjin's brother suddenly asked after he pressed on the doorbell.

"Ah... I guess? She never said anything, hyung," Jin said, joining the wait for the door to be opened by the mansion caretaker. Soon after, the door opened, welcoming them in.

There was a long, paved pathway leading towards the main entrance of the mansion, and along the path, there was a garden with a small pond on the left side, completed with a small bridge and a mini pavilion.

"She's here as well? I thought this is only your family dinner," Minju carefully whispered to Jin, trying not to be heard by his older brother.

"Grandma invited her," he replied and smiled as he noticed a slight change on her face. "Baby, there's nothing to worry about her-"

"Ah, Junghye. Oh, you're with Jiwook," Seokjung suddenly called out, as he stopped in his track with his wife.

Both Jin and Minju turned and saw Junghye in her sky blue hanbok, with Jiwook beside her, standing on the pavilion by the small pond.

"Since my family is not here, so um..." Junghye weakly laughed as the rest of them approached her and Jiwook. She then realized something. "Oh? Where's... Mr. and Mrs. Kim?"

"Ah, mom and dad had something to do. They will be here soon," Seokjung explained, before looking over to Jiwook. "You guys just arrived?"

"Yeah, both of us. We're stopping by here, but my parents are already inside with grandma, so... I guess we should go in now."

With that, both Junghye and Jiwook led the way towards the main entrance, followed by the rest of them.

"Jinnie, she's with Jiwook?" Minju asked Jin again, glancing over the other two.

"Nonsense! It's just that grandma had requested us to come with partners. So she had to come with him," he said.

They began to enter the grand living room, and grandma was there with Jiwook's parents.

"Ah, here are the kids!" grandma chimed in excitement as they walked towards her and each began to hug them. "I'm glad all of you are here- oh."

"Grandma, this is Minju, my girlfriend," Jin immediately introduced his girlfriend to his grandma.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Hong Minju," Minju said, holding out her hand for a shake.

"Oh... hi. Nice to meet you too," grandma nodded her head as she shook her hand. And then she turned to Junghye with a smile.