Meet-up

Meet-up
"Sorry, sorry" I quickly bowed before yelling for Ni-Ki.

"Ni-Ki! Stop running away" I called when I found Ni-Ki sitting on the wagon simply eating his ice cream. "Ni-Ki, why did you walk away from me? I could've lost you in the crowd, even though it's impossible because your so freaking tall"

"Ah, sorry thought I saw someone," Ni-Ki slightly chuckled as I hopped back into the wagon.

"Who? Was it a chosen child? Let me know" Ni-ki looked at me funny before sighing. "Fine, yes I saw one of my hyungs who was chosen as well. I panicked and ran before they could see me"

"But why? You weren't doing anything wrong"

"We are given rules. I'm not allowed to leave our Island except on God's day. But K hyung said he'd watch over everyone while i'm out, so let's just stay here and talk. No possibility that any of the chosen children will walk by the deli"

"Ni-ki?" A familiar voice called out as someone approached the wagon.

"Or, they'll appear right here. Y/N this is Sunoo, one of the chosen kids"

"Chosen? I don't know anything about being chosen" he tried to act clueless, but even if I didn't know, he was being quite obvious.

"Don't worry, I know. I won't tell anyone, and I only know three so as long as I don't learn the other 5 we should be okay" I said as he slightly calmed down a bit and hopped in the wagon beside Ni-ki

"Ni-ki you know the rules. Don't leave your island except for God's day"

"Yeah. I know Sunoo hyung, I promise it'll never happen again"

"Just wait til you know who finds you. It won't be pretty"

"Yeah, trust me I know I'd be dead meat!" Ni-ki exclaimed as Sunoo laughed at his response.

"So hyung, what are you doing out and about?" Ni-ki asked as Sunoo got comfy in between us.

"Me and you know who decided to take shifts. I watch during the day, he watches during night"

"I still don't understand a lot about why the gods need chosen children" I mumbled slightly sighing as I watched the people go by.

"They chose us to watch from the ground because they can't always be watching us and can miss stuff. The gods help us by giving each of us one small ability that'll help us keep our islands in harmony" Sunoo explained as I slightly nodded in small understanding.

"Abilities? Woah, what is yours Ni-Ki?"

"Well, it's kind of lame compared to my hyungs, but since I'm the youngest I got the weakest. I can walk through walls, and turn transparent. Like a ghost"

"Woah! Ghost? That is so cool, I want to be able to walk through walls. And what about you Sunoo?" I quickly turned to Sunoo as he started smiling uncontrollably.

"Ah, I have the ability of time. Sadly, I can't make it go forward but I can go back. I have yet to use it, because if I use it the gods will know and sense something bad happened"

"That is so cool! Just tell me the ability of others, I don't need to know their names"

"You have ice, fire and super strength, telekinesis, enhanced smarts, and mind control. K hyung has flight and teleportation. They're all pretty awesome" Sunoo explained, listing off the reason why they were given those powers.

"Wow you guys are incredible. Do you get to use your abilities freely?"

"Not really. The only ones we could use freely are mine, enhanced smarts and telekinesis. Every other ability, when used, sends a signal to the gods they used it and they can only use it for something really important" Ni-Ki said resting his hand on his chest when he said mine.

I nodded at both of them as Sunoo hopped off the wagon. "Well, I must be going. I need to continue watching the ground, have fun you two!" Sunoo waved, giving us a quick smile before running off.

We waved goodbye to him as my father came back from his meeting. He set down his hat and sighed. "What's wrong pops?"

"Ah, the meeting went badly. No one could agree on what to do for the festival this year. The king is hard to handle and he just wanted to control everyone" My father sat in the wagon and did a deep sigh.

"Sorry pops. Why don't we head back home and you can relax the rest of the day and me and Ni-Ki can handle the bakery, we got some mad skills" Me and Ni-Ki flexed causing my father to chuckle.

"You kids are great kids. Let's head back before your mother and brother destroy my precious bakery" He put his arms around us before getting out of the wagon and heading up to the friend.

Me and Ni-Ki crawled to the front of the wagon and sat there as my father started driving off. We sat there talking as we went down to the bay. The sun was still high in the sky and I was starting to get hungry.