Secret's Out

Me and K have been hanging out together a lot more and going on “dates”. Ni-Ki has slowly caught on but still doesn’t completely understand why we’ve become so close. Mi-Sun and Eun Ae definitely think something is going on and won’t leave me alone about it. K even allowed me to meet his parents, and they were super nice. Mainly because I’m the mayor’s daughter.

“Y/N! You want to go out on patrol with me tonight?” K came climbing through my window as I worked on a design I created.

“Patrol? For what?”

“Since I’m a chosen child I have to go on patrol at night. Me and Ni-Ki take turns and tonight is my turn, so I was wondering if you could give me some company”

“Yeah sure, but it’ll be freezing tonight”

“You have that leather jacket that matches mine and Ni-Ki’s. And if you’re still cold, you can borrow mine if you want”

“But then you’ll be cold! Let me see if I have a nice comfy jacket in my closet”

I quickly bent down and started digging through the mess in my closet until K laid a hand on my shoulder, laughing. “Y/N, seriously. Don’t worry about it, now I need to get going or else Ni-Ki is going to have my head”

“Oh of course! Sorry”

He laughed as he grabbed my hand and handed me my leather jacket. I quickly threw it on as me and him walked downstairs and told my parents we were going on a quick night walk before bed. Ni-Ki was waiting for K outside near the god’s statues.

“Finally! Took you long enough, hand over your keys so I can go home make a bowl of ramyeon and take a nice long nap!”

“Yeah, yeah. Okay Ni-Ki, don’t destroy my apartment and clean up after yourself” K said as he tossed the keys over to Ni-Ki as he ran off.

“So what do we do now?” I looked over at K as he took my hand.

“Just walk around, sometimes I teleport around or fly. Then once it becomes midnight I usually turn in unless I sense something will happen”

“That’s it? Well what if something bad happens?”

“If something bad happens, like say a fight, I try to stop it and if it continues to get worse I must let the gods know and they will assess the issues themself”

“But nothing bad happens right?”

“Right. Only every once in a while I must contact the gods about something happening, but usually it’s really peaceful”

I nodded as we walked through the town and around all the alleyways, K checking everything. He was very serious and precise when looking over the town, sometimes he’d let go of my hand and quickly fly up to check above ground and then come back down to me. We didn’t talk much, just held each other's hand. After a while I was starting to get tired and cold from the chilly air, so K offered me his jacket and to carry me.

“Y/N, let’s take a break and sit down”

“No, I don’t want to be a burden. You need to continue watching over, you still have a few hours left. I’ll just walk myself home” I started to walk away before he grabbed my arm again.

“Don’t worry, it’ll just be a minute”

“Are you sure, I don’t want to keep you from your duties”

“It’ll be fine. Like I said it’ll just be a minute”

Me and K sat down leaning on a fountain. It felt nice to be off my feet, I was so tired I ended up leaning on K’s shoulder and slowly closed my eyes. I heard K whisper something in my ear before I fell asleep.