Figuring out the Script

The group that had Nicholas, Youngbin and Hanbin last year, got them again. And because they did so good last year with the prince concept, they decided to continue that story line. This time, I was the princess and the script was about trying to marry Nicholas, but then Youngbin steps in and sweeps the princess and at the end they get married and kiss. The boys were flipping out.

"Why is everyone flipping out?"

"Because if Jay sees this, he will flip!" Nicholas said

"Who says he's going to see it?"

"Y/N. The king comes every year to these plays, especially since Jay was a part of them. Even though Jay graduated, there is a high chance they'll be coming to watch you"

"What if I don't tell them about it?"

"The teacher sends out invitations to all the parents. Since technically you are signed into this school under the King, then he'll get one"

"What if before the kiss, Hanbin dims the lights and shuts the curtains so me and Youngbin never actually do it"

"We tried that. Trust me, we tried that last year. The teacher turned back on the lights and we were forced to finish the act completely"

"For now we'll cut out the ending until opening night. Then we'll figure out what to do" Youngbin said as we all walked out of drama class.

"I'll see you later Hanbin!" I said as we waved to Hanbin as he walked towards Sunoo and Echan.

The whole day, I just thought about how to avoid our play ending. Didn't really want my first kiss to be Youngbin, in front of a crowd of people. Plus the fact everyone in KingsTent knows about the arranged marriage, just makes it worse. Even at my after school lessons I couldn't completely focus on anything,

"Y/N! How was your day?" Sunoo asked as he locked arms with me as we walked out of school together.

"Good. Up until we found out for my drama class, I have to kiss Youngbin"

"What? That's crazy!"

"I know right! Apparently the king and Jay may come as well and the boys are freaking out"

"I would freak out too if I was Youngbin. If I had to kiss the future wife of the prince, I'd fail. Jay hyung scares me"

"He doesn't scare them enough, because they want to go through with it but figure out how to block it out for the audience"

"Are you going to tell Jay?"

"I can try to explain it to him. Maybe he'll understand since it's for my drama class"

"Well good luck Y/N! I'll be back tomorrow!" Sunoo waved goodbye to me as I walked into the gates of the castle.

Like usual, Jay was waiting near the front door. For the past few days, Jay has been waiting for me at the door after school. Once he saw me coming into the gates from the window, he went to the door and opened it for me.

"Hey Jay"

"How was school Y/N?" He asked as he took my bag out of my hands and put it on his shoulder.

"Pretty good. I've grown more accustomed to being in such a prestigious school, plus Nicholas and Youngbin are really good friends"

"I remember you telling me this morning you'd be getting your scripts today. What did you guys get?"

I stopped walking as I stood there. Whenever I got nervous I would rub my neck a lot.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that"

"What? Did you get a weird script?"

"No it's just.."

"Just what?"

"What if per say, we got the script like Nicholas had last year. With the prince and princess stuff. How would you feel?"

"I wouldn't care. It's just a play right?"

"So you wouldn't be mad if the ending involved me kissing Youngbin?"

He turned to me and looked me in the eyes before turning back away. "Why should I be?"

"I don't know, it's just. I'm supposed to be your future wife and stuff, so I thought maybe you wouldn't like me kissing other guys"

"It's not like we're marrying each other with our own free will. It's forced so I don't care. Kiss Youngbin for all I care"

He turned to me and handed me back my bag. "I need to go do stuff"

He practically pushed my bag into my arms as he walked the opposite direction. I watched him turn a corner as I walked to my room. Why on earth was he being so weird? I tried to explain it was just a play, so why does it seem like he cares? I opened the door to my room and threw my bag into the corner as I changed out of my uniform.

I continued reading over the script and acted out some parts. I wanted to make sure it was perfect since it was my first year being in the school. Youngbin, Nicholas and Hanbin can not fail because I couldn't do my part in the show. There was a certain dance part where I had to slow dance with Nicholas, but I didn't exactly know how to dance. I knew Jay did though, so I went over to his room.

"Jay? Can I come in?" I lightly knocked on his door as I slowly opened it up and peeked my head through.

He was sitting there writing down some stuff at his desk. "Jay?"

He turned towards me. "What do you need?"

"So uh, I know this is weird to ask but can you help me learn to slow dance. I need to do it in a certain part, but I kind of have two left feet"

"Don't you know how to ball dance?"

"Kind of, but also no. You know, right?"

"Yeah, I can teach you. But why ask me? I bet Nicholas or Hanbin could've taught you"

"I don't want to be a burden to them. I want to make sure this is perfect, so I want to make sure when I go back to school Monday, I know how to do everything and know the main parts"

"Fine, I'll teach you" He sighed as he got out of his chair and stood in front of me as he held out his hands.

"We're doing this here?" I asked as I gave him a confused look.

"You want me to teach you or not?"

I quickly nodded as I took his hands. He led me through, step by step. With his help, I was able to pick up the dance easily, he even taught me a dip. Which terrified me to do at first, because I did not want to be dropped.

"There you go! You could've learned this easily!" He smiled as we easily went through the moves.

"Wow, this is super easy" We continued going through the steps as time passed.

One of the servants came into the room. "Miss Y/N, Sir Jongseong. It's time for dinner"

"We'll be there in a second" Jay said as we both let each other go.

"Now come on, let's get to dinner"

We both left his room and started walking towards the dining room. Now since I got the ball dance down, I feel like I can ace this show. Me, Youngbin, Nicholas and Hanbin are going to be the best actors there. I can feel it.