Night

Y/N POV~
I was just standing around waiting for Ni-Ki, Sunoo and K to return. Small groups of people have started to head home, and the crowd was getting smaller. Mi-Sun and Eun Ae were keeping me company while I waited for the boys to return.

“Come on Y/N! Ni-Ki and K have always been your friends, so why have you been so obsessed with them this past year” Mi-Sun dragged my arms around, as I kept looking around for them.

“Maybe she likes them! She must like Ni-Ki, or maybe it’s K!” Eun Ae started getting giddy and jumping up and down.

“No, I don’t like Ni-Ki or K. We are just friends and this past year we got closer, so of course I’m going to always be with them”

They both rolled their eyes at me before another slow dance started. Two boys came and swept Eun Ae and Mi-Sun off their feet as they all danced together. Of course I was left alone, so I went and sat on a bench nearby and watched all the happy couples dancing together. Until he came back again, he looked even more princely before.

“May I have this dance?” He bowed down, reaching his hand out to me.

“Yeah, let’s dance” I grabbed his hand and he pulled me out to the dance floor right in the middle of everyone.

“How come you were alone?”

“My friends had something to do and I was just waiting for them to return”

“Where did they go?”

“No idea, but they are usually busy this time of year”

“Why do you say that?”

“Every year they leave at some point during the night and come back later”

“Ah. Well while they are out, I can be your friend”

“Well where did you go after our first dance, sir Jay”

“Nowhere, just went to think in peace and quiet”

“You’re a mysterious man. Next time we meet, I hope to see your face”

“We’ll have to see. I like my secrets”

“And I’m curious” I stared at his face trying to memorize the distinct features I could see when Ni-Ki, K and Sunoo came up behind him frantically waving for me. “Well Sir Jay. Let’s meet again for the last dance” He let me go as I followed the boys out of the crowd and into a dark alley.

“Where were you guys? I was left alone and my friends wouldn’t shut up about you guys”

“Y/N, the chosen children from Mang have figured out someone from Kang knows about us. They just don’t know it's you” Ni-Ki sat me down on a box as Heeseung and Jungwon joined us in the alley.

“So what are we going to do? Are you going to turn me in?”

“Of course not! We will just keep lying to the gods and they’ll never know about you”

“We can’t continue lying, they’ll discover at some point” Heeseung sighed as he sat beside me.

“We can lie. Everyone believes us” Sim Jaeyun, the guy who sang earlier, came into the alley way. “You must be the one who knows about us. I'm Sim Jaeyun, but everyone calls me Jake. This is Park Sunghoon”

“Oh, uh. Nice to meet you Jake and Sunghoon” I stood up and bowed to them as they did the same.

“Wait? You knew it was her?” Ni-Ki asked as Jake and Sunghoon looked at each other and laughed.

“This dude has enhanced smarts, of course he knew. While on stage he noticed Ni-Ki, K and Sunoo all together with you and then Heeseung and Jungwon came up to her as well. It’s not that normal for people from other Islands to be that close, so he did some investigating and overheard Heeseung whisper to you about Jungwon’s mind control. Then when you were dancing with someone we overheard you say you were from Kang, connected the pieces and now we are here” Sunghoon looked proud of all the information he just said.

Were we really that obvious?

“So you’re turning me in, correct?”

“Nope! We understand you don’t have intentions to abuse being friends with them, and Ni-Ki and K lied to the gods about not knowing you so we’re going to let it go. We won’t even tell you know who”

“Thanks so much Sunghoon and Jake. I promise I would never abuse the chosen children's power and I will tell no one about who you are. And me, Ni-Ki, K and Sunoo will stop being obvious”

“Sounds good to us. Let’s finish the night off, but a bit separated. Sunoo can hang out with me and Jake to make everyone less obvious”

“Hide Y/N!” Heeseung yelled as Ni-Ki shoved me behind a trash can and laid boxes on me.

“What’s going on here?”

“Nothing, don’t worry about it. Just a small meeting about the kid who knows our secrets. What are you doing here? I thought you said you were going back home to do work?”

“I was, but decided to check on you 7 before the night ends. Everyone doing good?”

“Yep!” They all said together before I heard the man walk away.

Ni-Ki helped me stand up from the floor and I brushed myself off. Heeseung and Jungwon left first, then Sunghoon and Jake left with Sunoo a while after them. Me, Ni-Ki and K were the last ones out. More people were leaving God’s Island as the night slowly died away. In the end, it was just me, Ni-Ki, K, Sunoo, Heeseung, Jake, Sunghoon and Jungwon left in the plaza.

“Well, what do you want to do? Surprisingly everyone left” I asked as we all stood around on the stage when someone came up to us.

“Good job Sunghoon and Jaeyun. You caught her” The voice from the dark alley came up behind us slowly clapping.

“What do you mean?” Sunghoon stood up as everyone shot up except me.

“You know what must be done. You know we must turn her in and erase her memories of everything”

“No way! She’s my best friend and I’m not going to allow you to erase her memories. She hasn’t done us harm, she’s a good person!” I stood up to watch Ni-Ki face the man. That outfit. It was Jay.

“Jay?”

“Wait, you know him?” Ni-Ki turned towards me as Jay cleared his throat.

“I may have danced with her, but now since I know who she really is, I must turn her in. Koya’s orders”

“Stay away from her!” K stood right in front of me and held his arms out protectively.

“You are breaking all the rules! If you not comply, I must use force”

“If you use your ability it will send a signal to the gods! You're breaking a rule by fighting us, you know! Trust us, we know what we are doing. Especially Jake and Sunghoon!”

“Leave”

“What?”

“The gods are coming! Get her out of here!”

K and Ni-Ki grabbed onto me before they shut my eyes and teleported me back home. What just happened? One thing I know, I'm being told I'm being taken away and then he’s helping me? That dude was crazy. But what did he mean the gods were coming? The god’s never leave their castle