Caught

Jay was loosening up and he was super nice to be able to talk to. We had so much fun together and sometimes we’d sneak out to the town and push each other around on skateboards and he would hold my hand as we roller skated around the plaza. Honestly, I wanted to return back home because the thought of spending more time with him didn’t bother me as much as it used to.

“Jay, can you get K? I think i’m ready to go home”

“But the marriage is still on if you return. I can’t break the rules”

“I know but, I really miss my family”

“You should stay here. Now I must be going, the Island Kang is still on a massive search for you. My father’s making me help”

“Jay, I know we’ll have to get married soon but my parents are most likely worried sick. Please bring K”

“Fine, but maybe we can come up with a plan so we don’t have to get married”

Jay really doesn’t want us to get married. But at least he’s agreeing to take me back, and with that he left through the foggy air. I sat back leaning against the shack when I heard footsteps again. I panicked and quickly curled into the corner as the footsteps got closer. Oh no, God Kamal has found me.

We both sat there staring at each other as his eyes widened as big as mine. Right after him came God Beo, God Yeonjun and God Soobin. They were all four staring right at me as I squeezed my whole body into the back wall. Yeonjun pushed Kamal out of the way and stood right at the doorway, staring at me. His eyes were pure white, he had constant tears in his eyes and his hair was like a cotton candy pink. Kamal was peeking his head from behind him. He had brown glazed eyes, soft brown wavy hair and a scar underneath his eye. God Beo had light orange eyes, and dark chocolate brown hair.

We all sat there staring at each other as I heard Kamal and Soobin running in the distance as Yeonjun and Beo walked into the shack with me.

“You must be the infamous Y/N. Ni-Ki talked a lot about you back then. I thought they erased your memories”

“Uh. I.. I can explain”

“No need, let us turn you into God Koya and you can return to your island once more. Now come on, let's get to the Gods Castle. Quickly now”

Yeonjun grabbed my hand like I was a small child and led me down a back pathway all the way to the castle. I’ve never been here before, so it was cool to see it so close in person but I also knew I was walking out of here with my memories erased once again. All the Gods were sat in the throne room, except for Beo and Yeonjun, and as soon as they took me to the middle of the room, they went to their seats. Well, everyone was there, except for God Koya.

“Y/N. You cause a lot of trouble for us Gods, huh?”

“I’m very sorry, sir. I did not try to defy anyone. All I ask is for your forgiveness”

“Silence everyone!” A booming voice came from behind me as all the Gods calmed down and straightened up their posture.

“Now who do we have here?” He walked in front of me and looked at me in the face as his cold, hard eyes burned my face. Then the unexpected, his eyes softened at the sight of me.

“Myung-Hee?”

I couldn’t help but give him a confused look. He held my shoulders and pulled me into a hug. I could see all the other Gods look at each other, just as confused as I was. He let go of me as he turned back into a stern face.

“Ah, sorry. You reminded me of someone” He cleared his throat and sat on his throne as all the other Gods straightened up again.

“Don’t you owe us an explanation, hyung?” God Kook looked over at him as he averted his eyes.

“An explanation for?”

“Um, hugging Y/N and then just pretending nothing happened. Plus you called her Myung-Hee”

“I do owe an explanation, but I think we should summon all our chosen children for this as well. I think it’s finally time we tell them how we became the Gods. And I think Y/N is my daughter I abandoned”

I froze in place as the words rang in my head. Abandoned by a God? I wasn’t God Koya’s kid, no way. I was born to a mayor and his lovely wife. I’m the older sister to Quill L/N, I’m the eldest daughter to Samuel L/N and Akari L/N. I was the Step daughter to Eunjoo L/N. They raised me, I wasn’t abandoned. I have a home in Kang.