An Explanation

We sat at the cafe as he ordered my usual. How on earth did he know my favorite drink? And this guy he's with must be the other one who left that day, didn't Ni-Ki say his name was K? I have no memory of him and I know everyone.

"So Y/N how are you?" Ni-Ki suddenly asked as I shot up my head.

"Oh, yeah I've been fine. It's just" I started but couldn't bring myself to ask. The prophecy states no one should know who the 8 chosen children are, yet I know 2 of them. Will I be punished?

"Just what, Y/N? You can't just stop in the middle of a sentence silly!" He changed a lot, he's grown much taller, yet his smile and personality are the same as it always was. Was this really my Ni-Ki?

"Ni-ki? Can we talk in private?” I need to ask now, I need to know what happened in the past 10 years.

"Of course, sorry K hyung. We'll be right back" He followed me outside to the small alleyway.

"10 years ago was the day the prophecy happened, when 2 children were taken from each island. Chosen by the gods. Yet I watched the gods appear and take them away, then you disappeared. The next day no one remembered you, only I did. Now you return and suddenly everyone knows you, and this kid K doesn't seem to appear in my memories. What I'm saying is, are you both 2 of the chosen kids?"

He froze. It's like I stunned him. "What? No! You're being silly Y/N, why would the gods choose me? Now c'mon let's head back inside"

He laughed it off like I was a dumb child imagining stuff. But I remember that day very clearly. I remember Ni-Ki disappearing. I’ll get to the bottom of it, just you wait Nishimura Riki.

“Nishimura Riki! You best tell me the truth right now” He turned to me knowing damn well when I call him by his full name, I mean business.

“Fine, I'm caught. Yes, me and K are the 2 chosen children from Kang. You can not tell anyone, I will be severely punished if the god’s find out, and our gods are the nice ones!”

“I won’t tell anyone, just as long as you tell me everything you learned! I want all the details” I locked my arm with his and I dragged him back to the cafe as he rolled his eyes and went along with it.

He was my same old Ni-Ki, and this kid K was really nice as well. Surprisingly he was older than us and he was 19 years old. Yet, he still had the attitude of a child which is probably due to the fact that he had 10 years of his childhood taken away from him. I guess I feel bad for the kids taken, they were taken at such young ages and now suddenly return and are completely grown up.

Time skip~
Ni-ki, K and I finished up at the cafe and were headed to get dressed into our attire for the festival tonight. Ladies wore a wreath and white knee high dress covered in vines and flowers, while gentlemen wore a wreath as well and a white robe and a golden sash around their bodies. I was in my house helping my younger brother put on his sash before the big festival.

“Noona! Come on I want to go help Dad make the bread for the gods” Quill whined as I finished pinning on his sash.

“Hey Quill, I have a present for you” His eyes lit up as I showed him the flower. “Wow! Is it mine?” I nodded and pinned the flower onto his sash. He stared at it in awe before skipping out of our room and running downstairs to the bakery and Ni-Ki came banging on my door.

“Y/N! Come on you slowpoke” Ni-Ki barged into my room as I was smoothing out my dress. “Ni-Ki you can’t just barge into a lady’s room like that, what if I was in the middle of changing?”

He slightly tilted his head at me, “But I did it all the time when we were kids. What’s the difference now?” I laughed at him as he kept looking at me confused. There was a lot he needed to learn about normal life now.

Me and him left the bakery and met up with K to head to my friend's place so we could all attend the festival together. But first I wanted to get a little more details on what Ni-Ki did while he was gone. “Ni-Ki! You should tell me about what you’ve done in the past 10 years” I whispered in his ear to make sure K couldn’t hear.

“Fine, follow me” He grabbed my arm and we walked in a dark back alley and sat on some old boxes. “What do you need to know? I can’t give too many details, but I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to give out some”

“Oh! How are the gods? Are they super nice?”

“Super! Especially Jimin of course, but Kamal is like the baby of the gods and they all tease him. Honestly they remind me of teenagers. I was the youngest of the chosen children and they enjoyed teasing me a lot, but for just being a kid I learned a lot”
“Oh! Tell me about the chosen children! What are they like? What were their names?”

“Aish, Y/N. I said not too many details! Now come on, if I tell you everything now then we won’t have anything to discuss tomorrow” He grabbed my arm and started dragging me along as we walked into my friend’s family bar.

“Y/N! Nishimura! Hurry up and get upstairs, K and Eun Ae are waiting for you guys. I’ll be up in a second” Mi-Sun shouted as she spun around handing out drinks to all the tables.

Me and Ni-Ki squeezed through everyone until we made it to the stairs and went up them. There K was getting help from Eun Ae with his sash. I didn’t even notice Ni-Ki didn’t have one on yet until Eun Ae started shouting no at him and pushed him into the changing room in a matter of seconds. I guess Ni-Ki forgot that every year on Island Day we must wear the traditional white robe and wreath outfits.

“Now, since the party is here. Our festival can start!” Mi-Sun giggled as she slammed her door shut and we all started doing the finishing touches.