The Move

It's finally the end of the week and it was time for me to head off to KingsTent. Ni-Ki and K came over and helped me load all my bags into the King’s carriage. Before I left, I wanted to ask my father something real quickly.

“Hey dad. Can I ask you something?”

“Of course, kiddo. Anything you want”

“Are you really my father? And was my mother, really my mother?”

“Of course you are my daughter”

“Then how come there is no proof of my birth anywhere? You have proof of Quill’s, so why not mine?”

He sighed before looking back towards me. “You caught me. When you were a baby, you appeared at our door in a basket. It was snowing, so we took you in. Someone abandoned you and your mother couldn’t have kids, so we promised to raise you”

“So, you aren’t my father?”

“Technically I am still your father. Y/N, we raised you to be the person you are today. Never forget that”

“I won’t. Whoever abandoned me is a piece of crap, because i’m a pretty amazing daughter”

“Yes you are. Now, it’s time to say goodbye”

“Hey, once the bridge is built you can come visit me anytime. Don’t forget to bring Ni-Ki and K!”

I hugged him as the King came inside to talk with my father. I walked out to the carriage and sat beside Jay as he put up his notepad. He smiled at me as I gave him a small smile and stared out the window. The King hopped into the carriage and it started to drive off. Out the window I could see Ni-Ki and K running beside it waving rapidly at me. I lightly waved towards them and gave a small smile as the king shut the curtain to the window.

“It’ll be better to not see your friends. Leaving will be easier”

I slowly nodded at him and looked down at my feet as I messed around with my hands. The atmosphere was awkward and I wanted to talk with Jay like we had back on God’s Island, but his father terrified me. He even seemed nervous to say anything to me. The whole way down to the docks we all just sat in silence.

Once we got to the docks, the king had finally given me and Jay some space while riding on the boat and I could feel myself loosen up a bit.

“So, want to tell me about KingsTent?”

“Nothing really special. What do you want to know?”

"Tell me about the school"

“The school. I graduated from that school, it’s really good. The food was amazing and we took so many breaks so pretty much no one was stressed”

“Really? My school was super stressful since we had such short days we had to cram in everything"

"Short days?"

"Because half of us had to work on the farms we just did school in mornings"

"Really? We spread our lessons throughout the day"

"Yeah living in Kang was super hard. I was always stressing about school and helping my father in the bakery"

"Honestly the only thing I worried about was fake friends"

"Fake friends?"

"Whenever people found out I was the prince, everyone pretended to like me"

"Whoever that was is a jerk"

He laughed. "Yeah well, I never had true friends until I was chosen"

"Well at least you know they are true friends now"

"Of course. They are all great guys"

"I want to re-meet Sunoo. Since I've forgotten most of them, he's been the one I'm wanting to remember the most"

"I bet he'll be around. You'll see him again"

"Ni-Ki told me Sunoo was the closest to him. What was your first impression?"

"Very, very energetic. Always talking, always smiling. Excited to try new stuff"

"Will I see him around at school?"

"Yeah of course. He's graduating this year, he's one of the top of his class too"

"Really? I hope I can keep up with everyone"

"I believe you can, it's really not a hard school"

"Do I have to wear a uniform?"

"Yeah. It's not as bad as you think, they are super comfy"

"Well if a prince says there comfy, I guess they are"

"Stop with the prince stuff, c'mon"

"You are a chosen child, a prince and you are handsome. You have everything going for you"

"You think I'm handsome?"

I blushed at the comment. "Did I say that? No, you're average. Yeah average" I avoided his eyes as he started laughing.

"I'll take average. Hey I'm not the daughter of a God, specifically the leader"

"Yeah well, be glad you aren't"

"Is it that bad? I mean if I found out I was the kid of a God I would freak out. In a good way"

"Yeah well, he also abandoned me and just recently told me I am like you and have immortalism for 1000 years"

"Hey, look on the bright side. Ni-Ki and K will forever be with you!"

"I guess you're right. I just don't want to live for over 1000 years"

"Hey at least you have friends by your side"

I slightly smiled at him as KingsTent appeared in sight. I still couldn't get out of my head this South Korea place, it was intriguing to me. I wanted to run away and steal a boat just to find it somewhere. I mean, what else is outside of just our four islands.

Jay helped me out of the boat and grabbed my bags as he led me to the new carriage. The King took a completely separate carriage, so it was just me and Jay alone and it felt comfortable. At first I thought he was a total jerk and was selfish, now that he's loosen up I can see his soft side.