We Meet Again

It’s been a couple weeks since God’s Day. Me, Ni-Ki and K slowly stopped seeing each other and I started to hang out with my girl friends much more. Today was the usual delivery, bringing meat to KingsTent and this time I didn’t have Ni-Ki to help.

“Come on Y/N, you need to hurry up!”

“Coming!” The sun was high in the sky, heat blazing. Today I was wearing overall shorts and a black crop under it.

“Y/N! Can we come with you guys on your delivery?” Mi-Sun and Eun Ae came running towards me waving their hands.

“Yeah sure. I’m certain my dad won’t mind the extra help” I smiled as they grabbed some boxes and helped stack them into the wagon.

We finished stacking the boxes and all hopping into the back, waiting for my father to come outside.

“Y/N! Wait up!” Ni-Ki yelled as he came sprinting towards the wagon with K shortly following behind him.

“Ni-Ki? What are you doing?”

“Sorry for ditching you Y/N, but we’ll make it up to you. Can we come with you guys?”

“Sure, we have room”

K and Ni-Ki hopped into the back as my father came out and smiled at all his little help and started steering the horses away. For the most part we stayed in silence, but of course Mi-Sun being a chatterbox had to non-stop talk about her new boyfriend. I mean I was happy for her, but I wanted to find someone of my own. Like soon, I'm 17 and have never had a boyfriend. It’s pretty sad.

“Mi-Sun, can you please be quiet about your new boyfriend. Y/N has never had one and you're just going to upset her” Eun Ae said as Mi-Sun covered her mouth and bowed her head towards me.

“You're fine Mi-Sun. I just haven’t met the right guy yet”

“Maybe you will at KingsTent. They have all the hot guys there”

“You know the rules, Mi-Sun. No loving anyone outside your Island, it’s been a rule for years”

“But that was back then and this is now. We should be able to love whoever we want, especially you Y/N. You deserve someone out of this world”

“That’s kind, but I’m just not interested in having a boyfriend yet. Maybe in time I will, but I can’t see it in the near future”

“Believe in yourself Y/N! You also have K right in front of you”

“Eun Ae. Are you sure you don’t want K for yourself”

Her face went bright red along with K’s. “No, no way. Me and K are just friends of Y/N”

“While at KingsTent let's pick the special soulmate flowers” Mi-Sun jumped in.

“But, that’s for the people of KingsTent” Ni-Ki speculated.

“Actually, not really Nishimura. Technically the flowers are for everyone. Once a baby of any island is born, a flower is planted by God RJ so that’s why there are so many flowers left up there”

“People of KingsTent don’t mind if we take them either. Someone from Rues had to deliver stuff to KingsTent and he and his friend who was a girl went up and picked the flower and they both had the same ones. We definitely have to go!” Eun Ae giggled as she and Mi-Sun shrieked out of excitement and K and Ni-Ki rolled their eyes.

“Leave me and Ni-Ki out of that. We don’t care about love and that stuff”

“What? Really K? It doesn’t hurt to try you know”

“Not into that. Ni-Ki can just show me around and we’ll shop for stuff”

“Okay ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to load the boat. Ni-Ki, K help me load up the boat and the girls can relax” My father stopped the wagon and came to the back.

“Actually, we were wondering if me and Eun Ae could just help you since Ni-Ki, K and Y/N already do so much for you”

“You're so nice, Mi-Sun. Well we better get a move on”

Me, Ni-Ki, and K hopped into the boat and sat around waiting for my friends to finish loading the boxes.

“So, K. How come you don’t want to go pick the flowers?”

“Because there isn’t any for me or Ni-Ki. God RJ had ripped our planted ones out”

“What?”

“When we were chosen we were told rules. The main one being, we aren’t allowed to love, so God RJ removed our flowers whenever we got chosen”

“But what about their soulmates, do their flowers just get replanted?”

“Nope, they just never find their matches”

“What? That’s terrible. What else do you know?”

“There is a rare chance that there are soulmates from different Islands. If that happens, they just never end up finding each other. People from other islands just marry whoever they love, even if they aren’t meant to be”

“Wow, I couldn’t imagine being a soulmate of a chosen child. I mean, there’s no way I could ever be one. That sucks for you guys, never being able to love”

“We can love, it’s just if we do, the gods take away our powers and memories of being chosen. The only way that happens is if we kiss someone, or say the words I love you and fully mean it to the person we say it to”

“So like Forbidden Love?”

“I guess, but me and Ni-Ki weren’t interested in finding love anyway. By the time we do, we'll be old and wanting to find love over being a chosen child anyway"

"Wow. Well you don't mind if we pick a flower, right?"

"No, trust me it doesn't bother us one bit"

I smiled at them as Mi-Sun and Eun Ae hopped into the boat beside us after putting up all the boxes and my father started driving away. Mi-Sun and Eun Ae would not shut up about the flowers, and even I was getting sick of them.

"Please for the love of God, shut up!" Ni-Ki yelled as everyone went silent.

Mi-Sun and Eun Ae started laughing to themselves and whispered to each other about the flowers once again. Ni-Ki and K were reaching over the boat and splashing each other with water, getting them all soaking well and sometimes hitting me.

Finally after a long time of dealing with the girls talking about boys and the boys playing around, we finally arrived in KingsTent.

"Okay kids, let's unload, get the boxes to the deli and then I'll allow you kids to do a bit of exploring before we head back"

We all gave my father a thumbs up as we each grabbed two boxes and carried them to the wagon. This was the first time Mi-Sun, Eun Ae and K ever saw KingsTent and everything they saw seemed breathtaking to them. The whole ride they sat there gasping at everything. Especially when they saw the king's castle.

"Well ladies and gentlemen, all you have to do is get these boxes into the deli and then you all will have free time to do whatever"

All of us grabbed some boxes off the wagon and started to head towards the back of the deli. I'm excited to see my special flower, it's something I'm keeping forever.