Prologue

I live in a world consisting of four islands. The first Island KingsTent was the first to arise out of the water. The legends for tell three gods created the island, the gods being Koya the god of wisdom, Kook the god of Currency and RJ The god of Love. Then a second island arose from the waters, they say three more gods were the ones who created the island Kang. The gods being Kamal the god of Living creatures, Soobin the god of Crops, and Jimin the god of Kindness. For years these two islands lived in peace, until a third island arose. Rues. There three gods appeared to live alongside the original 6. V the god of Victory, Yeonjun the god of The Afterlife, and Taehyun the god of Bad Luck. These 9 gods created an island in the middle of the three for all of them to live, but something was missing. The 9 gods combined their powers to create a fourth island, Mang. Three more gods were summoned to protect that island, Hobi the god of Hope, Beo the god of Healing and Suga the god of sleep. These four islands lived in harmony, each island prospering in their own ways. The island of KingsTent being the first island to exist was the wealthiest, the island Mang was said to be the smartest, there people were ahead of everyone else in smarts and then the island Kang is an island of crops and livestock, the most peaceful island out of them all. While Rues is an island of destruction, an island known for their battles. Each island is different in their own ways but one day a year they all come together for God’s day, the day the gods created the island connecting each island together. There is a prophecy that someone special recites that day every year. The prophecy is from the first day the gods created the island. And it states.

“In 1,000 years the 3 gods of each island will choose 2 children to become the gods of the ground for our created islands. These 8 children will watch over everyone while on the ground. No one will know these 8 children chosen and when they are chosen the memories they left on people will disappear until they are ready to return then the memories these children will come back and no one will know they ever left”

I was 6 when the 1,000 years happened. Everyone knew that it happened, but no one knew who left. Yet I did. I live on the island Kang. The reason I knew who was gone? I didn’t actually know who it was, but I watched them get taken, I saw our three gods appear at the statues in the middle of the city and 2 kids came out from their homes and then fog appeared around them and once it cleared up, they vanished. I didn’t say a word that night to anyone, and throughout the years I kept my mouth shut, but as I grew older I learned about one of the children taken.

Now it’s the year 1010, I am now 16. Today, November 4th, is the day of our island day. Today will be filled with festivities and feasts. I enjoy this day every year, this is the one time me and my friends can explore the town without having to worry about the fields or our families bakery.

“Y/N! Wake up, it’s time for Island day! This year we have to be out early, I want to see the gods take the bread at the statues!” My little brother Quill was an ambitious little sprout. He dreamed of meeting the gods every year, even though he’s only 8, he adored them a lot and always left drawings and letters in crayon for them with the bread our family leaves.

“Quill, it’s too early. Let me sleep in”

“But noona! I need help writing the letters this year, mom and dad are too busy!” He whined and whined until I finally agreed.

He already knew what to write. He just woke me up so I could write it all down because his handwriting sucked! Well, now that I'm awake I might as well hang out with my friends.

Author’s Note: This story will be a romance story and since I've been single for years I know nothing about love, so I will be trying. Also this whole island thing and stuff is legit based on my history project and yes I actually used these names, and there are drawings of each god. My Unknown Trainee story was my first story so it wasn’t the best, but to anyone who actually read it thanks.

And to help explain more about the gods and stuff. All the islands worship every god. It's just that there are three gods assigned to an island to protect, so the people from that island will usually worship those three gods over the rest, but they know all gods.