Special Flowers

Jay POV~

“Father. May I go out?”

“Jongseong, what have I said before?”

“I understand, but I think it’s good for me to go out every once in a while. I believe you should allow me outside once a week, instead of being cooped up in this castle”

“Wear your mask, sunglasses, hood and be back by 5. If you can not meet my requirement, I may not allow you out again”

I nodded before quickly walking out of his office and down the hallway. Usually I snuck out just so I could get a taste of a commoner's life, but I decided to be a good son and ask for permission this time. When I was 6, my mother took me to the soulmate flowers and we found mine, which took us hours. Then when I was chosen, God RJ could never find my soulmate flower to kill off, so he just left me be. I follow all the rules, but I like to visit the flowers to see if anyone has picked one like mine yet. Everytime I went, it was still there.

“Prince Jongseong! Your father wants me to escort you out of the castle backway” My bodyguard came after me, quickly bowing down.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m 19, I’m not a kid anymore. I’ll be back by 5, so just tell my father you escorted me and we’ll be fine”

“I can not lie to the king, sir”

“Well, just lie. I’m out”

I had a good feeling about today. I had a feeling she’d be there, and I’d be able to face her and tell her she has no soulmate.

Y/N POV~

“Are we almost there?” Mi-Sun complained as we neared the top.

“Yep! I see some flowers. Hurry up Mi-Sun! You're being slow again” Eun Ae called, as me and her ran up the trail until we saw all the flowers.

“Woah! This is beautiful. Let’s hurry up and find ours so we can get back to the boys”

Eun Ae was immediately drawn to a purple and blue flower nearby. She plucked it out of the ground and jumped up and down in her spot, squealing over how fast she picked her flower. I walked farther down the path as Mi-Sun found hers and both her and Eun Ae squealed over their flowers. I just couldn’t find a flower that drew me into it. Maybe God RJ forgot to plant me one, until I saw it. A purple and black rose that almost glowed in the sunlight. It seemed as if it had a spotlight around it, and once I made my way over to it. The flower was it, it was my soulmate flower.

“Woah, Y/N. That’s a weird flower, no other flowers have black on it. You must have a rich soulmate” Mi-Sun came up behind me as I admired my flower.

“Well, I know even if I never find my soulmate. I still have this as a memory”

We all smiled at each other as we walked down the trail. Couples would pass us all excited to pick their flowers and there was this one dude who caught my attention. All black, face covered and looking down. People of KingsTent are weird. Ni-Ki and K were down at the bottom waiting for us.

“Ni-Ki! Ni-Ki! Look at mine, it’s so cool!” I ran to Ni-Ki, practically jumping on him.

"Woah! That's a pretty flower!"

"Yeah Y/N. It's pretty like you" K smiled as I could feel my face turn red.

"You're just saying that!" I lightly punched his chest as he laughed.

"Yeah K. I think you need some glasses"

"Ni-Ki!" I punched his arm as he laughed.

"Okay. Okay children, let's head to the plaza and do some shopping before heading back"

K rested his arm around my shoulder as we all walked back to the plaza. The plaza was more crowded than when we first arrived, so it was a bit hard to navigate through the crowd. K held onto me as Mi-Sun and Eun Ae held onto Ni-Ki as they led us through everyone. Finally we made it to the shop and it was all nice and air conditioned.

“Wow, we made it out alive” Mi-Sun laughed as K and Ni-Ki stood in front of the air conditioner.

“Jeez Ni-Ki! Move out of the way, you’re taking all the air”

I shoved Ni-Ki out of the way and stood beside K taking in all the nice air. Mi-Sun and Eun Ae were already shopping for new clothes to impress boys, and Ni-Ki stood behind me trying to get some air as well.

“Excuse me” A nice old lady came up behind us and tapped on Ni-Ki’s shoulder. “Would you mind if I take a turn in front of the air conditioner?”

“Of course!” K quickly bowed before dragging me and Ni-Ki away.

“Miss!” The lady called after me. “You dropped your flower”

“Oh thank you so much” I took my flower as she grabbed my hands.

“You’re a very special young lady. Black on a soulmate flower means the god’s have chosen you for something special. You better take care of that”

“Wow. Well thank you miss!” I quickly bowed before walking back to K and Ni-Ki

Mi-Sun and Eun Ae already had a handful of clothes while Ni-Ki and K just looked around at the hats and jackets. I couldn’t even decide what to think about buying, I wanted everything I laid my eyes on.

"Excuse me"

The guy in all black from the trail to the flowers came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Yes?"

"Your flower. I have the exact one"

"But you're from KingsTent. There's no way we are soulmates"

He grabbed my arm and dragged me out to the alleyway to talk. He gestured for me to sit down on a crate and he sat next to it.

"Excuse me. I'm sorry but I don't like being dragged out to an alleyway. Mysterious man"

"It's me" He took off his mask and let his hood fall off his head.

"Jay?"