Surprise!

"Wow, an arranged marriage. I mean, I trust you and all but I don’t know if I'm ready to give my kid away to marriage. Not just yet, let me think about it and i’ll get back to you”

“I insist Mayor L/N. Let us go inside your bakery and talk this over. Jongseong, stay here”

My father and the King left us outside as they walked into my bakery. Ni-Ki and K looked at me as I looked over at Jongseong, or better known as Jay. By the disgusted look on his face I could tell he didn’t want this either. I tried to give him a small smile, but he just rolled his eyes and walked back into the carriage.

“That dude is a total jerk!”

“That dude is my hyung” Ni-Ki said as he glared at me and I just rolled my eyes.

“Who cares. I have to get married to a jerk like him”

“Well technically you will, if your father agrees” K emphasized the if.

“I know my father. I know he’ll agree, he’s too scared to say no to the King. Let’s just go upstairs and start packing my stuff”

I took K and Ni-Ki’s hands as I led them to the back where my window was and they helped me climb up to it. I could overhear a slight mumbling from my parents.

“Change of plans boys. We’re going to sneak to the stairs and listen in on the conversation”

Ni-Ki and K followed me to the top of the stairs where we sat down and listened in.

“Mayor L/N, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity I am giving you. Your people will be in better condition if they are allowed the chance to work with my people”

“It is a great opportunity, I do agree, but marriage? Y/N is only 17 as of now, and she’s still learning”

“Yes I do understand that, but the wedding reception wouldn’t be for another year. If you agreed, I would take her to KingsTent at the end of the week and there I would send her to one of our prestigious schools and she would live in my castle”

“I think I can agree to those terms. But how will we combine our two islands?”

“Ah yes, I already have blueprints for two bridges between each of our islands. If you agree, I can get my men to work on it as fast as possible”

“You’ve sold me. I’ll do it”

“Perfect, now sign here and here and then we’ll be all set”

My eyes widened as I heard my parents agree to it. Ni-Ki and K were right beside me, just as shocked as I was. All three of us headed back to my room, where maybe we could think of a plan.

“I don’t want to be married off. I want to stay here with you and K”

“I have an idea, it’s a dangerous one, but it’ll work for now”

Ni-Ki and K nodded at each other and held onto me, as they covered my eyes and we teleported somewhere. When they uncovered them, we were standing on concrete in a foggy area.

“Welcome to God’s Island. The Fog is here to hide anyone, mainly the gods. It’s usually cleared up just for God’s Day, so you can stay here for now”

“God’s Island? What if I get caught?”

“You won’t, we know this island like the back of our hands. You’ll stay here and then K and I can bring you food”

“Let’s do it, anyway to get away from an arranged marriage”

Ni-Ki and K nodded as they led me through the fog to an abandoned shack. Inside were skateboards, roller blades and drawings hung all around. The drawings were from little kids, and some said Ni-Ki’s name at the bottom.

“This was the Chosen Children’s playhouse. We snuck out here and messed around, Heeseung hyung hung up all my drawings, same with Sunoo’s. Great memories”

“What do we do now? I just live here forever?”

“No, we’ll come back and get you once the arranged marriage is disbanded. We’ll tell Jay hyung about everything, I know he’ll help agree to it”

I nodded as Ni-Ki and K waved goodbye and disappeared from the fog. I just sat down in the corner and looked around at all the drawings. The main ones were from Ni-Ki, a couple were from Sunoo and Jungwon and then one caught my eye. A drawing of a beautiful woman, drawn by Jay.

I gently tore it off the wall and held it. Wow. It looked like someone snapped a real life picture of her, and her beauty was beyond comparison. I wish I could look as good as her. I hung up the drawing and sat down on an old mat, there wasn’t much to do here. Just some drawings and skateboards.

“Y/N”

Someone emerged from the fog, and it was Jay and K. They’ve already returned?”

“I brought him here to show him where we’re holding you. He’s agreed to leave you alone, because he doesn’t want this marriage either”

“Good to know. Well glad to know you’re on the same page”

“Plus if this succeeds, then I won’t be breaking the rules of no dating while being chosen”

K walked away as Jay came in and sat down beside me in the small shack. I just kind of looked at him weirdly as he looked around the shack, avoiding eye contact with me. I cleared my throat, as he finally looked at me.

“So, what are you doing here?”

“I decided to hide out from my father. I can go back home anytime since there is a backway in the God’s castle to my island. Hope you don’t mind”

“I don’t mind the company. But we also can’t sit here in silence”

“Well what do you want to talk about anyway? We most likely have nothing in common”

“You never know until we try”

“Favorite Color?”

“Lilac, you?”

“Any purple”

“Favorite hobby?”

“Dancing and fashion. You?”

“Singing and fashion. Favorite food?”

“Corn on the cob is pretty good. You?”

“Tteokbokki or kimchi”

“Okay, maybe we have some stuff in common. Doesn’t mean I’m going to start liking you now”

“That’s fine with me, just one more question”

“What is it?”

“That drawing, of the women. Who is she?”

“My mother. When I was chosen, she was sick but while I was here, she died and I didn’t get to say goodbye. So I drew her, and K hyung hung up my drawing”

“Wanna know a secret?”

“Might as well, since we’re here alone”

“My birth mother died when I was only 3. She was best friends with Ni-Ki’s mom, so when she died Ni-Ki’s mom always treated me like her own kid, since my father was so busy with being the mayor and all”

“Really? Ni-Ki never said anything like that”

“If I'm being honest, I never told him about it. You’re the first person I told”

“Why? I thought you said I was a jerk”

“You still are, but maybe you aren’t that bad of a jerk”

He gave me a small smile before looking away. That was the first time I've seen him smile since I met him. As the week went by, me and Jay got closer. He told me stories of his childhood, and he also told me stories about being a chosen child back then. Whenever Ni-Ki and K would visit, he would always hide like he didn’t want to be seen talking with me, but I didn’t care. He wasn’t that bad of a jerk as I thought.