Bakery

My father and mother let me, Ni-ki and K take control of the bakery while they had a day out to relax. At first everything went great, K and Ni-ki were great helpers. Then the rush came in. Ni-Ki and K were in the back throwing dough around to try and get it from the mixing table over to the oven quickly. I was up front writing down every order that came in and passing out the already baked bread and treats. My brother wasn't any help and just sat in the corner eating ice cream.

"K! We need more bread, we just ran out!"

"Ni-Ki burnt it! We are remaking more!" K popped his head through the door covered in flour and dough.

"What on earth is going on?" Someone bursted through the door as I turned around from the door to the kitchen and my eyes widened. The king of KingsTent left his castle. Ni-Ki told me that the people of KingsTent were too powerful and they never left their country. And right behind them was my father and mother.

"What kind of bakery is run by kids?" He yelled again. His voice boomed through the bakery chasing out some customers.

"I am so sorry sir. My daughter and her friends were watching over my bakery while me and my wife left. Turns out she couldn't be trusted" My father looked furious. Ni-Ki and K slowly came out from the back, both looking like a mess.

The king scoffed "You better control your kids, Mayor L/N. I must take my leave, my son needs me" He turned around and walked out as my parents quickly bowed. They turned to me and Ni-Ki staring us down, as my mother turned around the open sign to close.

"You kids are in so much trouble. I leave for a couple hours and you turn everything into a mess! Ni-Ki and K are covered in flour and dough! Y/N you were supposed to control them."

"I'm sorry father. Everything was going great and then the usual rush came in and we all panicked"

"I gave you specific instructions to follow and you can't even do that! I am very upset with you right now!" He yelled at my face and I usually never got yelled at so I flinched and turned away. "Do you kids understand how important him being here was?! Do you?!" He screamed looking from me to Ni-ki and K. "The people of KingsTent never leave their country because they are superior to us. The king should not come to our island and just see my own kids being a mess and uncontrolled! Shape up Y/N, you are not a kid!"

"I said I was sorry! I didn't mean to!" I talked back, trying to calm him down.

"Ni-Ki, K. I suggest you leave, your parents must be wondering where you are. Y/N go to your room while me and your mother clean this up" His voice calmed down as he gestured for me to go up stairs.

I sat upstairs in my room writing in my notebook and drawing some pictures when there was a small knock at my window. Ni-ki and K were there waiting to be let in. They just went ahead and opened my window and climbed in.

"What's up Y/N. We got bored and the people of Kang are too peaceful so we don't need to watch them all the time" Ni-Ki said flopped down on my bed.

"What about your parents?" I asked as Ni-Ki quickly sat up.

"Ah, my parents died while I was gone. K hyungs parents gave him an apartment for himself since he's 20, he lets me live there with him. Which is good because that means we can sneak out and do whatever we want"

"Oh I'm sorry Ni-Ki. That must be hard"

"Eh, I barely knew them anyways. I wonder if they're chilling with God Yeonjun right now" Ni-Ki chuckled as I continued my drawing, rolling my eyes.

"Want to sneak out?" K asked as they both stood behind me. "No way I'd do that. I'm a good child, not a rascal like you guys"

They both looked at each other and laughed "Oh come on, you only live once" Ni-Ki said as he pulled my chair out.

"No way! My father wouldn't let me go to God's Island if he found out"

"Well did you forget we had a small friend who could teleport" Ni-ki smirked as we both turned our heads towards K who was startled by the sudden eyes on him.

"No way Ni-ki. I'm not allowed to use my ability ever!"

"Oh come on, yours won't send a warning to the gods so let's just use it freely"

"Ni-ki. I just can't, one of us has to be the one who controls the other so I'm saying no"

"Oh please K oppa!" I begged as me and Ni-ki got on our knees holding K's arms.

He sighed, "Fine, just this once" He rested his hands on each of our shoulders before telling us to close our eyes. I listened and next thing I knew it felt like I was floating then my feet were on the ground.

"Open your eyes, small children" He said as I opened my eyes and looked around. We were up at the top of the mountain looking down. I tried to take a step forward, but the ground wasn't very stable so I almost slipped before K caught me.

"Woah, watch out Y/N. This is a very dangerous spot to be in, so we need to be really careful. Hold onto me as tight as you want, I can fly" He said smiling down at me as I grabbed a hold of his waist.

All three of us stood there and looked out over the horizon, watching the sunset. It was really beautiful, almost magical. K had a tight grip on me as Ni-Ki stood beside him just watching. We all stood there in silence just watching everyone down below walking around, closing up shops.

"Ni-Ki, I think it's time for me to head home," I said, loosening my grip on K.

"Yeah your right, your parents just finished closing the bakery meaning they'll be cooking dinner soon"

K grabbed onto Ni-Ki as I closed my eyes again and next thing I knew I was in my bedroom and Ni-Ki and K were quickly rushing out my window.

"Bye Y/N!" Ni-Ki called as they waved goodbye before jumping down.

I was glad to have friends like them. I couldn't imagine how I would be right now if they never came back. I missed Ni-Ki a lot and getting to know K was great. He was like the older brother I've always wanted, always looking out for me.