C H A P T E R 4 0

Start from the beginning

"Me!"

"Me too."

"So it's ten." Xin Yue nodded and drew another symbol on the ground.

"How about illusions, hallucinations, full-range abilities, and also runes or traps?"

"I have that, your highness." Leng Baiyun smiled.

"I know," Xin Yue replied sarcastically.

"Me."

"Me too."

"Me also."

"I can do that too!"

"I have that ability!"

"Me!"

"I also have that!"

"Add me!"

"Nine on this group..." Xin Yue drew another symbol on the ground. "How about long-range attacks with weapons or anything? Magic or physical, as long as it's long-range?"

Thirteen people raised their hands. Xin Yue drew another symbol on the ground and returned his gaze to them as he repositioned the strand of hair behind his ear. "This is the last one. The close-range ones or mid-rangers. Full damage or agility, dual attacks, anything as long as it's close to mid-range."

Lu Sitong and Qian Lian, as well as the other fourteen participants, raised their hands. Xin Yue drew another symbol on the ground and murmured, "Sixteen." So, out of the hundreds of participants at the start of the trial, only fifty-five remain? Well, that's at least acceptable, but it's not enough for battling such a monster.

Loud explosions were heard inside the massive temple of the Divine Guardian, causing the entire dimension to shake, followed by a wide, thick smoke covering the entire temple. Dan Cianxi raised her hands, and a heavenly spear formed by her thunder attribute materialized from her body, while Shui Haixiao made a seal symbol, followed by two glowing balls of water floating in her direction. The other participants prepared for battle as well, their gazes fixed on the silent, massive temple.

Shui Haixiao frowns in suspicion. "Why is it so quiet?"

The other participants could not stand the sound waves filled with divinity and fell to the ground with their ears bleeding as a roar reverberated throughout the dimension. Shui Haixiao raised her left hand, and one of the floating water balls soared into the sky, forming a large barrier that engulfed most of the participants throughout the dimension. "Fuck! That was dangerous!"

"How about His Highness?!" Dan Cianxi asked with a worried tone.

"Oh, I forgot that His Highness is inside," Shui Haixiao murmured.

Dan Cianxi's eyes widened and he started to walk forward. "We should go and look for him! He might have lost his consciousness inside."

"Hahahaha! Where are you going, Shui Haixiao?" Shui Haixiao called out while pulling back Dan Cianxi using her water ability. "His Highness is not that weak. If he was like that, how did he even defeat the Demonic Guardian? You worry too much!"

"Sister Cianxi!" The loud feminine shouts resonated on the small devices that were near Dan Cianxi and Shui Haixiao's ears. "The human statues are moving! What should we do?!"

Dan Cianxi frowned. She doesn't know what to do anymore. "How about your situation? Did someone get hurt in the west?"

"N-No." The woman answered through her pants, "Luckily, Shui Haixiao-shijie's mermaids saved us. They killed some of the human statues, but the statues were recovering themselves."