chapter fifty-seven

"Have you ever shot a gun before?" Minho asked, humming to himself as he put in the code for his gun safe.

"No and I never plan to," I chuckled.

"I need to work on my aim, I've been a bit rusty," Minho said to me.

"When the fuck have you found the time to come down here?" I asked him jokingly.

"The same way you have your hobbies and private life, I have my own," Minho said, turning around to look at me with a warm smile.

"Why does this feel like a thinly-veiled threat?" I asked him, lowering my voice.

"Who said it was a threat towards you?"

Okay, what the *fuuuuuuuck* is that supposed to mean?

That was the weirdest response you could've possibly given me.

I chuckled nervously and said, "I don't get it.."

"It'll click at some point," Minho smirked at me. "We're dancing circles around each other at this point. You know it, I know it. You've just got to trust me on this one."

"It's kind of hard to trust you when you have a gun in your hand."

Minho emptied the clip into his hand and handed the bullets to me, "I haven't asked much of you, I just need you to have some faith in me."

I examined one of the bullets closely before looking back up at him, "Don't use the boyfriend voice with me right now, talk to me normally."

Minho looked at me with an unreadable expression before speaking, "Okay, I get that it's probably really difficult to trust me right now but that's quite literally the one thing I need from you the most."

"I'm not going to look you in the eyes and lie to you right now, I can't trust you just because you've asked me to," I said to him, shrugging and handing the bullets back to him. "I think you fucked up in choosing me as you opponent in whatever game it is you have us playing. We're supposed to be teammates."

"You say that but you still don't trust me."

"Of fucking course I don't," I rolled my eyes, "I know you think it's hot that I'm smarter than you or whatever but I feel like you forget whenever you're planning your next move."

"You say that like we're playing Chess."

"You're fucking with my head right now, seriously. You know what you're doing."

"Don't go being a hypocrite now, Han," Minho said to me, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

"I hate when you're like this," I inhaled sharply. "I hate that we're like this."

Minho sat the gun down and wrapped his arms around my waist, "I'll fix it, baby. Don't worry."

"Are you sure you even know what you're fixing?" I sighed, slinging my arms around his shoulders.

"The mess we've made."

"Now you're taking partial-responsibility, nice."

"Hey, I haven't exactly done a good job of hiding my shit either. I just happen to be better at it," Minho shrugged, causing me to chuckle.

"You're probably not even wrong about that," I said. "Do you think Chan meant it when he said he'd kill me?"

Minho gave me another unreadable expression and hesitated, "I...I...yeah...yeah, I do."

My eyes widened, "What the fuck? Why didn't you say that when I told you about his threat two weeks ago?"

Minho let go of me and backed up, "I didn't want to upset you. I've been ignoring his texts and I'm afraid that's only aggravating him worse but I can't speak to him when he's like this."