chapter fifteen

"You called?"

"Yeah, five times. What the hell?"

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Mr. Lee has been running me rampant with tasks and I only just now got a chance to sit down for the first time since I got here this morning. What's up?"

Hyunjin groaned, "I just tried to come up to your office to surprise you with lunch but the secretary said that I'm not allowed in the fucking building anymore."

"Are you serious?" I asked him, standing up from my chair.

"I told her to just call you but she said that they were direct orders from Minho," Hyunjin said to me, his tone filled with anguish and repulsion. "I already left but I'm fucking pissed so I'm eating the lunch I bought for you."

I gawked at the phone and hung up, shoving it in my pocket and bolting out of the door. I barged into Mr. Lee's office without knocking and slammed the door behind me, yelling at him, "What the fuck did you do?"

"Excuse me?" He asked me, closing his laptop.

"Don't play fucking innocent, you know damn well what you did," I shouted at him.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Mr. Lee said sarcastically, pretending to be surprised by my claim.

"I'm going to lose my fucking mind - I'm talking about Hyunjin!" I shouted at him, pausing in the middle.

"Oh, him? I was tired of seeing him around. His face annoys me," Mr. Lee said, pretending to shudder in disgust.

"I don't even know what to do anymore, this job makes me miserable. You make me miserable," I said to him, shaking my head and putting my face in my hands.

"Sounds like a personal problem," He said dismissively, looking up at me with disdain.

"You bring out the worst in me, I don't know how much longer I can handle your shit," I spat at him.

"You seem to be under the impression that you're irreplaceable and I'm here to tell you that's far from the from the truth, so you need to watch your mouth. You need to learn your place here," He spat back at me, curling his upper lip.

"We used to be friends!" I cried out. "I told you my darkest secret and you saw something in me!"

"You're wasting my time, Jisung," Mr. Lee rolled his eyes.

"Stop using my first name!" I screamed at him, now losing my shit. "Only my family can call me that!"

"Sorry," He shrugged apathetically.

"You're a fucking animal," I spat, my stomach dropping to my feet. "I'm leaving!"

I swung open his office door and headed for my own. Mr Lee got out of his seat and followed me, "What do you mean you're "leaving?" You still have work!"

I grabbed my satchel and stuffed my laptop from my desk inside, grimacing at him for a moment before heading for the door, shoving past him as I left.

Mr. Lee followed me out of my office and down the hall, "Come back here! It's barely noon!"

I ignored him as I continued walking, not looking back at him when he spoke to me.

"You can't just walk out!" He shouted.

"Watch me!" I exclaimed.

"Han, please! I'm sorry!" He called out.

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around, "I hate you. I absolutely hate you."

I spun back around on my heel and continued on.

"I need you!" Mr. Lee called after me after a moment.

"Fuck that and fuck you!" I yelled at him as I reached the elevator. I quickly ran up to one that was about to close and I snaked my hand inside, allowing the door to open again for me to enter.

By the time Mr. Lee caught up to me, the door was nearing its' close. When it did, our eyes met and I smirked at him callously.

Fuck you, you piece of shit. That's what you fucking get.