chapter sixteen

"I hope everyone that remembers me from 6th grade is dead," Felix sighed, rolling over onto his back and setting down his phone.

"I just hope that God didn't hear me cursing at him that one time when I was in SoHo," Hyunjin shook his head. "That was embarrassing for me."

"In your defense, God doesn't exist in Soho,"I said, shrugging.

"Didn't you FaceTime me after that?" Felix asked him, picking his phone back up and unlocking it.

"Yeah, I did, and then it started pouring down rain and I dropped my phone in a puddle walking back to my hotel," Hyunjin huffed. "That was the worst day ever."

"All because you couldn't afford that Hermès vest you wanted," I chuckled to myself.

"That thing was reversible! It's beautiful!" Hyunjin shouted at me dramatically.

"You can still buy it one day, you know," Felix said, patting him on the back.

*buzz*

"Is that him?" Hyunjin asked me.

*buzz*

"Unfortunately," I rolled my eyes.

*buzz*

"Are you just going to let it ring?" Felix tilted his head.

*buzz*

"If I hang it up immediately he just calls back even faster," I sighed, staring down at my phone at the caller ID. "I don't know if I want to kill him or myself."

*buzz*

"Why not both?" Hyunjin shrugged, looking down at his phone.

*buzz*

"You know you're going to have to talk to him at some point, right? You're still on his payroll," Felix said.

*buzz*

"I'm getting paid to ignore him, that's like - every employee of his' dream."

*buzz*

Felix snatched my phone out of my hands and turned it off completely, "That's the seventh time he's called you and you've only been here for a half hour. You're welcome, by the way."

"God, I don't know what to do," I said, grabbing one of Felix' pillows and screaming into it. "Fuck!"

"I'm just surprised he hasn't given up already," Felix said.

"I'm not, you would not believe the shit I've heard from Seungmin," Hyunjin chuckled.

I threw a pillow at him, "What have you been hiding?"

"He told me not to tell you," Hyunjin smirked.

I threw another pillow at him, "Tell me!"

Felix sat up, "This sounds juicy, let's hear it."

"Let's just say that Han is the best personal assistant Minho's ever had and he's now fully aware," Hyunjin smiled devilishly.

"Did I tell you guys that the motherfucker had the nerve to tell me that he "needs me" when I was about to leave? I was so fucking pissed," I laughed, shaking my head.

"Why haven't you quit already?" Felix asked me.

"I can't make up my mind on what I want to do," I sighed. "On one hand he's a nightmare to work with and on the other hand, I'm basically in love with the guy."

"He's a good friend and all but I do not understand what you see in him," Hyunjin said.

"Did he say anything when I walked out on dinner?" I asked them.

"Oh, yeah he did," Felix said, smirking at Hyunjin. "You wanna tell him or should I?"

"You do it," Hyunjin said to him, smirking back.

"Dude had the nerve to start talking shit and call you over-dramatic but Chan put him in his place right then and there. Called him out for provoking you the entire night and for treating you like shit when he thinks nobody can hear him. Motherfucker damn near looked like he was about to cry," Felix said, bursting into laughter. "We've been hanging out as a group without you lately as you already know and anytime you get brought up, he looks like he's seen a ghost. Goes all white in the face and bug-eyed, it's fucking hilarious. He's a total douchebag."

"Ugh, I know!" I said, grunting afterward and punching one of his pillows. "He drives me insane!"

"He's been having a total breakdown without you there at work, according to Seungmin," Hyunjin said. "I don't know why he thought he could treat you like that and think you'd stay. He has no idea how to interact with people, he's like a robot."

"A sexy robot at that," Felix chuckled.

"Ew, no," Hyunjin fake-shuddered. "His personality makes him ugly to me."

"Have you seen the guy? He's like-," Felix paused. "Majestic."

I burst into laughter, "Fuck, you guys are killing me."

"I just can't see him the same hearing about how he made Han cry," Hyunjin said, putting his hand on his forehead.

"Wait, he made you cry?" Felix said, his voice sounding almost frantic. "Oh, hell no. Nobody makes our squirrel boy cry."

"It wasn't even a sad-cry it was an angry-cry. I wanted to punch him in the fucking face and I'm not a violent person," I said, laying back. "I just want him to be nice. Why can't he be nice to me?"

"I know baby, I know," Felix said, laying down next to me and putting an arm around me as comfort.

"Yeah, you need to fucking quit. Enough with this asshole," Hyunjin said, reaching across Felix' bed and grabbing my phone for me. "Call him back and tell him you want to meet him somewhere to "talk things out" and quit. Seriously. This guy's a douchebag and he needs to learn his lesson."

I grabbed my phone from him and turned it back on, "What if he's mean to me when I meet him?"

"He's not going to be mean, he's fucking desperate," Hyunjin chuckled.

When my phone loaded back up, I opened up Mr. Lee and I's text logs and sighed, "What should I say?"

"Just tell him to meet you at Lands End in a half hour and if he says some fuck shit, push him off the cliff!" Hyunjin suggested excitedly.

"I'd be more likely to throw myself off the cliff than throw him off, but alright. I'll do it," I said to him, typing in my message.

"There we go, problem solved!" Hyunjin clapped his hands together. "Now, shoo!"

I rolled my eyes and got off the bed, putting my phone and keys in my pockets, "Wish me luck, I guess."

"Don't throw yourself off the cliff!" Felix exclaimed as I left his bedroom.

"Throw him off the cliff!" Hyunjin shouted after me.

Ah, fuck me. Here we go.