chapter forty-nine

"So, you're telling me - you live here permanently? Like, dude really just invited you to stay with him and now you're living here?" Felix asked me, running his hands over everything he came across as I showed him around the den.

"I still haven't even seen all of it but I'm not curious anymore because it's so much walking. I know where the important stuff is, that's all that matters," I shrugged.

"How do you comfortably live somewhere and not know what all of it looks like?" Felix asked, turning his head around to look at me. "How in the fuck did you manage to finesse your way in here?"

"I didn't even ask," I laughed. "He gave me some bullshit excuse as to why he wanted me to stay with him in the first place and now I just live here. It's fucking ridiculous."

"You are a douchebag, Han," Felix laughed at me. "You better be lucky Minho can't hear you."

"I got him, right?" I joked.

"You just confirmed my point," Felix laughed once more.

"No, no, I'm just messing. I don't care about the house, I just want to be with him," I said, sitting down on the couch. "I love him."

Felix walked over and sat down next to me, "You love him? Are we talking love love or obsession love?"

"No, I actually love him. Honestly the only reason I remember the stalking thing is because everyone keeps reminding me of it."

"You need to think through your actions more, Han. You're reckless as fuck," Felix said. "You don't clean up your tracks. Chan might not have anything on you but you're not making much of an effort to keep it that way. Even if you aren't stalking Minho anymore, you're still making messes and you're not cleaning them up. You know full-well you and Minho need to try a hell of a lot harder to hide your relationship but you haven't because you're so tied up with him and he hasn't because his ass isn't on the line here, yours is. You need to put in the work or people are going to start wondering if Chan has a point because spoiler alert: he fucking does. I'm tired of playing nice and walking on eggshells around you. You're a mess. Someone needs to tell you so I am."

"Minho's been making shit worse himself by portraying me a certain way to Chan and everyone else," I rolled my eyes. "'Making it seem like I'm just his personal assistant with the biggest crush on him and he just thinks it's soooo adorable. It pisses me off. He knows that too so it's not like it's a secret but goddamn, does he know how to instigate."

"You saying that gives me the vibe that he's treating this like a game and you just have rose-colored glasses on. I'm not saying he doesn't love you or anything but you already know the vibe he gives me," Felix said. "I'd need to see how he looks at you now to test that theory."

"He should be home anytime, I guess you can see for yourself."

"For the past three and a half months you and Minho have been M.I.A from the group and Changbin and I have been left to do all the talking. Before that people were just filling the gaps themselves but I've become a good liar thanks to you so I've got them all convinced you guys just became close friends. You guys need to come back around and start putting in more of an effort or they will become suspicious, no doubt. You're lucky everyone's wrapped up in their own relationships right now but Chan doesn't have anything else on his mind but pinning you for this."

"There's something I should tell you but I know Minho might make me sleep outside or some shit if I tell you so you have to promise not to tell anyone," I said to him quietly.

"I'm a vault."

"The day Minho and I got back from Ann Arbor last week, Chan sort of just showed up wanting to talk to me but Minho distracted him until he left. I don't know what they talked about but Minho ended up telling me he suspects Chan might be on drugs and that he's off his typical medication," I admitted to him wearily.