chapter forty-six

"I hate him. I fucking hate him. He hasn't changed one bit," Minho ranted as we entered our hotel room, throwing his jacket and shoes off before walking over to the bed and falling down onto it face-first.

I threw the rental car keys down on the table, "That was the most awkward situation I've ever been in and I've participated in an orgy. A fucking orgy."

Minho turned his head over to look at me, "How many people are we talking here?"

"Seven."

"I am never going to be able to get that image out of my head now, thanks," Minho said before turning his head back over with his face in the blanket.

"Oh, come on," I scoffed, taking my jacket and shoes off before approaching the foot of the bed. I tapped his leg and he turned to lie on his back, looking up at me with a smirk. I crawled atop him and teased, "You get to have me all to yourself."

"Is that so?" Minho asked me, then pulling me down by the collar to kiss him.

I collapsed aside him and looked up at the ceiling, "I have a lot of shit to say right now."

"So do I," Minho said. "Do you want to go first or me?"

"You go first, he's your dad."

Minho sat up and crossed his legs, "I don't even know where to begin. That was like a metaphorical bloodbath."

"It gave me Red Wedding vibes," I said with a shudder.

"That's the perfect way to describe it," Minho said, nodding his head. "It took everything I had in me to not berate him in front of a bunch of kids that he's pretending are fucking his. He shouldn't be allowed to just start over like that. He doesn't deserve that happiness."

"I don't think I've ever been so uncomfortable around someone before. He gave me a horrible vibe," I said to him.

"His vibe was so awful," Minho said, shaking his head. "I can't believe we decided to do this."

"Is it too late to go home and pretend like none of this ever happened?" I asked, turning my head over to look at him.

"Do you know how much I wish that were possible?"

I sat up, "Can we just talk about how tacky it is that they met in a fucking farmers market?"

"How much do you want to bet she just made that shit up on the spot?" Minho laughed.

"Those kids had to be NPCs, seriously. They did not talk at all. It's like they were robots."

"Oh my God, I know. And what the fuck was up with that sanctimommy bullshit Sherry had going on? She acts like she's the fucking messiah or something."

"I know!" I exclaimed. "Whenever she talked I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a goddamn melon-baller. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard."

"I'm so glad we can bond about hating the same things," Minho said with a smile, placing a delicate hand on my chin and leaning in to kiss me.

I entangled a hand in his hair, deepening our kiss by pulling him closer. Only after my phone began to ring, though, did I back away from him and get up to grab it.

"Aww, come on. You don't have to answer."

I picked my phone from off the table I'd set it on, "It's Changbin, this feels important. I told the guys not to call me unless it's an emergency. They think we're on a business trip, remember?"

"Fuck, you're right. Do your thing."

I answered my phone and put it to my ear, "What's up?"

"Bad news, Felix is getting suspicious. He asking too many questions and he's not getting enough answers."