chapter four

I approached the bar slowly and sat two seats down from Mr. Lee, trying my best to come off as subtle as possible.

This was a bad idea, the guy hasn't even noticed I'm here.

"Hey, what do you need?" The bartender asked me with a soft smile.

I thought to myself for a moment before speaking, "Two shots of Scotch, please."

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Mr. Lee staring directly at my torso. I almost wanted to laugh, but I didn't want him to know that I'd noticed him.

"Here you go," The bartender said, passing the shots to me. I downed them both back to back and fueled by liquid courage, I turned my head over to Mr. Lee, "Do you have a staring problem?"

Mr. Lee laughed and moved from his spot to sit down next to me, "Sorry, I didn't peg you as the gym-going type. Do you mind?" He asked me, putting a hand in front of my stomach.

I shook my head and he put his hand on my abs, feeling me up and sending shivers down my spine, "Do you ask to feel all of your personal assistants' abs or am I just special?"

"I'm pot-valiant, what can I say?" He shrugged with a playful smirk.

"Haven't heard that one in a minute," I said, laughing at his word-choice.

"So, what brings you here tonight?" Mr. Lee asked me, his eyes traveling from my abs back up to my eyes.

"A friend of mine invited me out to celebrate my new job or whatever and we decided to make it a group thing. What about you, Boss?" I asked him, raising a brow.

"Chan told me he was invited to get drinks by a  friend so I decided to tag along," Mr. Lee shrugged. "We kind of separated, though."

"Yeah, I invited him," I said. "He's sitting with some of my friends."

Mr. Lee looked behind us and at the table where Chan was seated laughing up a storm, "Oh, he didn't tell me that.."

I gave him puppy dog eyes with my best pout and joked, "Aww, is someone sad?"

The bartender approached us and said, "Need anything?"

"Two shots of tequila, please," He said.

"Coming right up!"

"Someone's looking to get shit-faced," I said with a small smirk.

"Hey, one of those shots is for you too," Mr. Lee said in defense of himself.

"Okay, Mr. Alcoholic, whatever you say," I said, waving a hand in the air.

"I'm surprised you're not sitting with your friends, what's up with that?" Mr. Lee said, derailing the conversation. The bartender passed the shots to us but at this point, we were in our own little world.

I decided to come clean, "I made somewhat of a bet with them that I could come up here and talk to you without getting fired for it."

Mr. Lee laughed, "And you couldn't have buttoned your shirt up before approaching me?"

I threw my hands up in frustration, "Why is it such a big deal that I decided to wear my shirt like this?"