chapter fifty-five

What the fuck?

"Get off me."

Oh shit.

"Calm down, it's just me."

"You don't think it's a bit hypocritical that you accuse me of being a stalker yet you followed me out here?"

"I just wanted to make sure I found the best opportunity to get you alone," Chan whispered as he tightened his grip around my shoulders.

"We're on a public campus, you muppet," I spat at him.

"Let's take a seat on that bench over there, shall we?"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't think I have much of a choice."

"Minho's not here to get you out of this one," Chan said to me menacingly, practically dragging me toward the bench in the middle of the courtyard.

"You're a fucking cretin," I mumbled under my breath. "Do we have to do this here?"

"No, I don't want to be alone in private with you. You're dangerous," Chan said, then sitting the both of us down on the bench.

Should I run?

"Says the one basically holding me hostage to have a conversation with him," I chuckled to myself.

"I had to make sure we wouldn't have any prying eyes or ears," Chan said as he began slouching.

"Okay, but I'm here trying to enroll in Stanford's PhD program, this isn't a good look for me," I said to him under my breath.

"I don't care what looks good for you and what doesn't, Han. This isn't about you, it's about Minho. I'm going to protect him from you no matter what, I don't care."

"Are you in love with him or something?" I scoffed softly.

"Do you remember that suicide attempt of his?" Chan asked me, tilting his head.

I sighed, "Why?"

"At first I thought it was him being manipulative but then I realized, you got him so hooked that he'd rather die than be without you," Chan said, then clearing his throat. "That's when I realized how deep you had your claws in him."

My stomach sank, "I wasn't the one that sat there pouring those pills down his throat. He did that. I just made more of an effort to save his life than you did. You have the nerve to sit here and act like I don't give a fuck about him and that I'm just here to manipulate him into my arms meanwhile you haven't been doing jackshit to help improve his mental state. I'm the one that recommended he go to therapy. I'm the one that helped him turn his life around. Where were you?"

"Oh, I do know you care about him. That's what makes you so dangerous."

"Me? Dangerous?" I laughed. "You're funny."

Chan turned over to face me, "I see the way you look at him, you're obsessed. Not a healthy obsession, either. You've followed him home, watched his house, followed him wherever he went, and you even broke in on multiple goddamn occasions. You've watched him sleep and you're so dissociated from reality you probably don't even remember half the shit you've done. You're a creep, Han. You're a freak and a pervert and I want you to stay the fuck away from him."

I smirked at him, licking my lips as I looked him up and down to make him uncomfortable, "You'd have to kill me to get me to stay away from him."

"I could make that happen," Chan shrugged.

"You don't have the guts to kill me," I chuckled to myself. "Sure you can talk a whole lot of shit and maybe you even have the gall to get a couple swings in on me but you and I both know you wouldn't be able to pull the trigger if it came down to it. Especially considering the fact that if you did kill me, Minho would never forgive you."