chapter thirty-seven

a/n:
don't clown me for my song choice LMAO. i had actually planned to write this scene a week or two ago but i only just watched Squid Game a few days ago. i didn't have a classical song picked for this yet but watching SG reignited my childhood love for it. i heard this song for the first time when i was very young and i always thought it was beautiful despite not being a fan of the genre. so, here's this lol.

I sat up in a cold sweat to the sound of classical music, my phone ringing, and Minho nowhere to be found. I grabbed my phone from his nightstand and answered it, running into his adjoining bathroom and slamming the door behind me.

"Hi, is this Jisung Han?"

"Yes, that's me. Who's speaking?"

"Hi! My name is Janice Eden and I'm calling from Elle Magazine. Would you mind coming in at noon? We have a proposition for you."

"Yeah, I can do that. Gotta go!"

I hung up the phone and shoved it in my pocket, insistent on finding the source of the loud classical music playing throughout the house. I walked out of his bedroom and found my way to to his grand staircase, trudging down them slowly. When I reached the bottom of the steps, I followed the sound of the music until I was greeted by Minho eating breakfast by himself.

"Is this The Blue Danube? I swear I haven't heard this since my middle school band class."

Minho looked up from his phone and put it to sleep, "Good ear. How'd you sleep?"

"Like a rock," I chuckled to myself. "How about you?"

"Great, considering the fact that you were next to me," Minho said with a polite smile, "Come, sit. I made you breakfast."

I motioned my finger in a circle in reference to the music that was playing, "Should I even ask?"

"You could," Minho shrugged.

"What is that even-," I paused, thinking about what I wanted to say, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Anything you'd like, dear."

"You creep me out," I said, smirking at him.

"I'll eat your eggs I don't care," Minho shrugged jokingly, moving to grab his fork.

I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders from behind him, leaning over to kiss his cheek, "Good morning baby."

Minho delicately grabbed the side of my face to kiss my cheek in return, "How'd you sleep, my love?"

I sat down in the seat he had placed for me, "I slept well. It was a bit weird not waking up to you, though."

"Sorry about that. I wanted to be there when you woke up since it was your first night staying with me but I couldn't sleep," Minho frowned.

"What's up with the classical music? I walked in and you looked like some evil supervillain," I asked him, a puzzled expression on my face. "I feel like I'm on the set of a horror movie."

"The Blue Danube is one of the most famous waltz ever written, Han. There's a lot of history behind this piece and I listen to it to lift my spirits," Minho said with a content expression.

"You listen to classical music...to lift your spirits? Rich people are so fucking weird.."I said, shaking my head.

"Poor people can't enjoy classical musical?" Minho scoffed.