chapter twenty-seven

"Felix, I tell you everything. You've been my best friend since we were middle schoolers and you know everything about me now that I've told you about my family. Am I crazy? You can't tell anyone about what I just told you either, I just needed to get it off my chest."

"Well, I don't think you're crazy in general.." Felix said to me hesitantly.

"But?"

"You know that I'm too nice for this conversation..." Felix groaned. "You're usually the one giving advice, not the other way around."

"I just-," I sighed, shaking my head in disapproval at myself. "I need you to give it to me straight. I know you can. You've seen me do it a thousand times."

"I have a lot of thoughts but I really don't want to hurt your feelings.." Felix trailed off. "I can do this for you but you have to promise me you won't be mad at me for it."

"I promise, I need to hear it from you," I said, taking a deep breath.

"Han, you've lost your fucking mind. I mean that, too. You're fucking obsessed with Minho and it's not healthy. He's not nearly as into you as you are into him, you need to calm down," Felix said to me sternly. "You're being weird and creepy."

"I know it's weird and creepy and stalker-y but I literally cannot stop myself," I admitted to him.

"Han, you should go back to therapy," Felix recommended.

"I can barely afford to live in my apartment alone, you think I can afford a therapist?" I laughed.

"I'm being serious, Ji. Your obsession isn't healthy," Felix said to me, patting my back.

"I love him so much, I don't know what to do," I said, becoming more frustrated with myself by the moment. "You can't tell anyone this, okay? This would ruin me. I'd lose my job, our friends, everything. I'd lose everything."

"I won't but if someone else figures it out, you're fucked. Royally fucked," Felix said, taking a deep breath. "Look, you're the one that told him that you just wanted to be friends. If he decides to move on, there's quite literally nothing you can do about it."

"That shit was a stupid test and a huge mistake," I rolled my eyes at myself. "I'm an idiot, I know."

"Yeah, no fucking kidding," Felix laughed. "Why would you say that if you didn't mean it?"

"I wanted to see if he'd be willing to hold out on me after having treated me like shit because he was jealous of Hyunjin and I," I rolled my eyes once again. "Clearly, he couldn't."

"How are you so sure?" He asked me.

"Remember that dinner you guys had without me from, like, what, three days ago? Well, I was there. I heard everything up until the point where Minho said he'd fuck that intern if it benefited him," I admitted.

"You missed the part where not long after that, he clarified that he'd only fuck her if he knew it'd make you want to be more than friends with him," Felix chuckled.

I chuckled to myself, "And you said he wasn't as into me as I am into him, wow."

"I just said that so you'd stop fucking stalking the guy!" Felix exclaimed.

"Oh, he's gonna get it for that," I huffed. "That just pisses me off. That's such a cruel thing to say."

"Don't be a hypocrite, you pretended to date Hyunjin just to piss him off. I don't want to hear it," Felix said with an eye-roll. "That, and you've been stalking him. Don't even try it."