chapter twenty-five

"Han?"

I popped my head up, "Hey, I just got off the phone with Mark Fanning, he's coming at 3."

"Good, thanks," Minho said with a smile. "I have someone I'd like to introduce you to. C'mere."

Fuck. Me.

I stood up and followed Minho out of my office and into his where Ms. Mariana was sat in a seat across from his desk.

"Hey," Minho said to her, trying to get her attention.

She looked up from her laptop and sat it down, walking over to me with a smile and a hand out, "I'm Mariana, you must be Han. Mr. Lee's told me all about you."

"All good things, I hope," I said, shaking her hand and glancing at Minho in my peripheral.

"Oh, of course!" Mariana giggled.

"Han, this is one of the three interns I've hired but I must say, she's showing the most promise," He smirked at me.

What's your play, Minho? What are you trying to tell me?

"Mr. Lee, you should be careful. You don't want to give her a big head," I said, a hint of mockery in my tone.

"I don't think I need to worry about that," Minho said, walking over to her and putting an arm around her. "Mariana, here, is as humble as they come."

Okay, I'll bite.

"Oh, is that so?" I asked him with brow raised, leaning against the doorframe.

"Mr. Lee, you flatter me too much," Mariana laughed.

"What, like it doesn't feel good to be praised by your boss?" Mr. Lee joked.

They're practically fucking right in front of me. This is sickening. She's a monster. She's sucking the life force out of him as we speak. She's a vulture.

I'm done with this. I can't watch anymore.

"Hey, I should get back to getting your scheduling done. Let me know if you need me, alright?" I said to him, beginning to walk out the door before he stopped me.

"Han, wait! Why don't you stay for a few more minutes and get to know Mariana? She could be working with you in the future if this internship goes well," Minho said with a smile. "I'm gonna talk to Seungmin and Changbin, I'll be right back."

What the fuck?

Minho walked past me as he left his office and I crossed my arms, staring at Mariana sitting innocently in her chair.

"I can sense that you don't like me," Mariana said as she pulled out her phone. "It's fine, I get it. You're in love with your boss and you think that I'm trying to swoop him away."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, don't act surprised. I'm not stupid," Mariana rolled her eyes. "I caught you and your friends staring at us when I was talking to him outside of your office yesterday. You looked like a lost puppy."

"Fuck.." I mumbled under my breath.

"It's not me you need to be worried about, it's him," Mariana said to me. "A word of advice: don't shit where you eat. It's only going to bite you in the ass."

"What's your game here?" I asked her. "What do you want?"

Mariana shrugged, "I'll fuck my way to the top if I have to but I'm not here to step on anyone's toes."

I gulped, "What?"

"Yeah, I'll sleep with him if I have to and there's nothing you can do about it. Why? Because if you say anything to him, he's going to think you're a jealous and delusional freak," Mariana chuckled to herself. "I'm pretty sure he's into me too." 

You were never going to wait for me, Minho. How could you?

"You're sick," I spat at her.

"Yeah, nothing says sick like spending well over half of an hour stalking your boss' new intern on social media," Mariana chuckled once again. "Like I said, I'm not stupid."

I put my face in my hands, "You've got to be kidding me right now."

"If you're going to internet-stalk someone, at least have a VPN or something. You're reckless with your sleuthing," Mariana smirked at me. "I'd like you to take into consideration that sex isn't a one-way street. If I want to sleep with him, he'd have to let me. It takes two to tango, babe. Don't get it twisted."

Can someone shoot me in the fucking face?

The only reason I didn't do that is because I didn't think she was smart enough to figure out I wasn't using one.

"Okay, fine. I won't hate you because Mr. Lee is paying more attention to you. I'll hate you because you're just the worst in general," I shrugged, waltzing out of his office and back to my own.

Oh, Minho.

Minho, Minho, Minho.

What am I going to do with you?