chapter thirty-eight

"Hey, I'm home!" I called out into the darkness, locking the front door behind me after coming inside. I turned around and upon noticing Minho seated with Chan in his front room, my eyes widened.

"Home?" Chan questioned.

"You're not supposed to be here," I said, completely mortified.

"Well, neither are you," Chan remarked.

"Han's staying with me until this stalker thing clears up," Minho said to Chan, avoiding eye contact with me. "He offered."

Ouch.

Chan looked at the both of us suspiciously before going, "You could've called me, you know. Which bedroom is he staying in?"

"One of the guest bedrooms, I don't even remember which," Minho said, waving his hand dismissively.

That hurt.

"Um, I brought you food," I said to Minho awkwardly.

"Oh, I'm fine," Minho said.

"Well, this is awkward. I'm gonna go to my room," I said, slightly mocking him for his lie.

"Hey, wait! Why are you wearing so much makeup?" Minho asked me.

"You're looking at next month's cover of Elle's new issue," I said, unenthusiastically waving my hands in the air with a straight-face.

"Han, that's great! Congratulations!" Chan said with a disingenuous smile.

"Wait, really?" Minho asked.

Ignoring his question, I plastered the fakest smile I could on my face before walking away from them and heading for his staircase. I stared straight down at my phone as I went, acting my best to look as disinterested as possible.

I went up to Minho's bedroom and sat my things down on his floor, then flopping onto his bed and not bothering to shut the door behind me. I moved into a sitting position and frowned looking down at the food I'd food I'd gotten him.

Why am I so butthurt?

Considering what I wanted to do next, I thought to myself for a moment before I heard Minho's front door open and shut. Upon hearing approaching footsteps up the staircase, I quickly pulled out my phone and pretended to busy myself.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that."

"It's whatever," I shrugged, looking down at my phone.

"Han, I am so sorr-,"

I cut him off, "It's fine, seriously. I know you were just acting like that so Chan wouldn't get suspicious. It just hurt my feelings a bit. I was really hoping I'd hear you congratulate me for the cover."

Minho sat down next to me on his bed, "I'm sorry if it hurt, I was just anxious because my text to you didn't go through where I said Chan randomly showed up. I'm so proud of you, Han. You deserve that spot."

"Oh, shit.." I mumbled, pressing my 'home' button and opening his and I's texts. "Yeah, I got nothing."

"I almost made a lie up about how your apartment was getting fumigated as if you'd choose living with your boss over Felix or something," Minho said, chuckling nervously.

"Don't you mean boyfriend over Felix?"

"Boyfriend? That's cute," He said, smiling softly.

"Haven't used that word in a while," I said. "Hey, did you make up that part about not wanting the food?"

Minho smirked, "Total bullshit, I want the food."

"Why lie?" I asked him, getting up from my spot on his bed and grabbing the food.