chapter three

"Okay, how many people did we invite again? I forgot how to count," Felix asked me, trying to count with his fingers.

"Let's see, we've got you and I, Hyunjin, Jeongin, my new friends Changbin, Chan, and Seungmin, so that's like seven? I think?" I shrugged. "Yeah, that sounds about right. Either that or I've pre-gamed way too hard."

"We only took two shots, we should not be buzzed like this," Felix said, causing the both of us to burst into obnoxious laughter in the parking lot.

"Han, what's up?" I heard Seungmin call out from behind me.

I turned around and greeted him with a hug, "Seungmin, this is my best friend Felix. Felix, this is one of my new work friends."

"What's good, my guy?" Felix dapped him up tipsily. "Wanna pre-game?"

"Oh, you already fucking know. I swear to god, my boss is driving me up the wall," Seungmin complained as Felix poured him a shot.

"Here," Felix said, handing the shot to Seungmin to take discreetly.

Seungmin downed the shot and shook his head, "I needed that to re-charge my social battery."

"Hey, do you and Changbin know Chan? He's apparently Mr. Lee's high school bestie or some shit and I invited him because I need more friends," I said, laughing at myself. "I feel like I'm collecting friends like Pokémon or something."

"Yeah, him and I both do. We're acquainted  but we aren't friends or anything,"  Seungmin said, shaking his head. "Speaking of which, that's Binnie."

Felix watched his car pull up next to ours and practically gawked at Changbin as he unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of his car, shutting and locking the doors behind him.

"Who is that and why is he so fucking fine?" Felix leaned over and whispered in my ear as Seungmin and Changbin started chatting for a moment.

I interrupted their chat and said, "Changbin, this is my best friend Felix. Felix, meet a new friend of mine."

Almost immediately, Felix began to flirt with him, "It is an absolute pleasure to meet you."

Changbin checked him out for a moment before speaking, "I could say the same to you."

"They're definitely gonna fuck by the end of the night," Seungmin said, whispering in my ear and leading the two of us away from them. "Who else are we waiting for?"

"Two of Felix and I's friends named Hyunjin and Jeongin plus Chan," I said to him. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to read the notification, "Correction, Chan will be late and he says not to wait up, so. Hyunjin and Jeongin should be here anytime, though. They're riding together if I'm not mistaken."

"I hope everyone vibes, alcohol almost always brings out the worst in everyone," Seungmin said, his tone filled with worry.

"Speaking of alcohol bringing things out of people, I'm hot," I said, beginning to unbutton my shirt almost all of the way to the bottom. "Are you sweating too or is it just me?"

Seungmin's jaw dropped as he stared at my chest, "Binnie, come check this shit."

Changbin redirected his attention from Felix to me and walked over to me, "Jesus Christ, what's your workout routine?"

"He basically lives in the gym," Felix said, walking over to me. "I could punch him in the gut right now and he wouldn't even flinch."

I laughed at his remark, "No way."

"He's just being humble," Felix scoffed. "He has an addiction to going to the gym. Let me show them, really quick."

I sighed, rolling my eyes, "Whatever, man."