chapter thirty-one

"Blep."

"I'm just saying-,"

"Blep!"

"Come on-,"

"BLEP."

"What does that even mean!?"

"It means "I don't want to hear it" in my own personal language that I'd like to call Han's Super Duper Fake Language," I smirked at Felix, crossing my arms.

"Can you guys stop bickering?" Hyunjin huffed. "I'm trying to listen to my own thoughts here."

"You actually think under all of that hair of yours?" Minho asked him jokingly.

I gave Minho a high-five, "Nice!"

"You're just jealous that my hair is more beautiful than yours could ever be," Hyunjin scoffed, flipping his hair in Minho's face. "I'll have you know I have a very deep and inquisitive mind."

"Sure you do, buddy!" Jeongin said, reaching behind Seungmin and patting Hyunjin on the back.

Are we pretending like Hyunjin isn't in a doctorate program or something?

"We can take this outside," Hyunjin said, standing up.

Seungmin yanked him back down on the couch, "Sit down."

Changbin put his phone down, "Han, have you been on your phone today?"

I shook my head, "No, I've been trying to avoid social media. I need my spirit cleansed."

"Don't you work for a social media corporation?" Jeongin said with a puzzled expression all over his face.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" Felix asked me, trying to stifle his laugh. "Last time you said that, you tried to go vegetarian and didn't last a week because you missed KFC so much."

I shrugged, "KFC is good for the soul."

"You want to know what else is good for the soul? Not being a hypocrite." Felix chuckled.

"Okay but seriously guys just - check your News apps, okay?" Changbin said to all of us.

"Is something wrong?" Chan asked him, pulling his phone and unlocking it.

"Depends on your definition of wrong.." Changbin mumbled.

Everyone but me began pulling out their phones and slowly all sat them down, staring at me.

"Why is everyone looking at me like I just run over all of your pets?" I asked, looking around at everyone.

"You remember that bet I made you Friday night?" Minho asked, smirking at me.

"I didn't think that was a bet, I just thought it was you being a nuisance," I said, flicking his forehead.

"Dude, you're viral," Felix said, handing his phone over to me.

I passed it back over to him without looking, "I don't want to know."

"Then we'll just tell you," Seungmin shrugged, beginning to read headlines out to me, "'Mysterious Hottie Poses with Minho Lee on the Red Carpet,' 'Who's the Guy in the Red Suit at the Met Gala - We'll Tell You!' and my personal favorite 'Anaïs Stocks Go Up Simply Because Minho Lee's Personal Assistant is Hot.'"

Oh, no..

"My stocks went up?" Minho mumbled, checking his phone. "Oh, shit.."

"Let me see that," I said, snatching Seungmin's phone out of his hand. "Is this some kind of joke? How'd they find out who I am?"