chapter fifty-six

cw/tw:

this might be the most inflammatory chapter this book contains and not for the reasons you may think. it's upsetting and a bit jarring too but that's not because of what it contains but because of the dialogue. it's the most fucked-up conversation i've written between two people that bounces all over the place. enjoy.

"Maybe I'm just desensitized by now but I don't think you stalking Minho permits your death," Felix chuckled.

"Stalking is only a federal crime if my intention was to hurt or harm the 'victim' and I'm pretty sure my 'victim' is completely complicit."

"You're really confident he knows, huh?"

"Of course I am. At this point, there's no way he doesn't. It hit me when I was with Chan earlier."

"I still can't believe he ran up on you like that," Felix chuckled. "That must've been terrifying."

"It wasn't at first but then he started threatening to kill me and I was like, "Yeah, I'm gonna head out.""

"I'd have been shitting myself," Felix admitted. "The fact that you didn't even emote in front of him goes to show how much of a psychopath you've become."

"I've become a psychopath? Really? And how's that?"

"Do you remember who you were before you met him?" Felix asked me, leaning over the table. "You used to be this highly analytical yet confident..fact machine that spoke only with logic and now you're..someone else."

I chuckled, "If anything, I've evolved."

"Yeah, evolved into a monster.." Felix trailed off, rolling his eyes.

"I'm not scared of anything anymore, Felix. I'm more confident than I've ever been before. I've never felt so secure in who I am before."

"The fact that you're proud of yourself for becoming the villain in your own story is absolutely terrifying."

"I'm the type of person that's willing to do anything for love and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Especially when Minho's apparently been up to some shit too."

"Just because he has a tracker in the car he gave you doesn't mean you're innocent.."

"But it must mean something, right? You're the one who was insistent on the fact that he had tricks up his sleeve, where's that energy now?" I asked him, then taking a sip of my coffee.

"I don't know what I think anymore, alright? I thought a lot of things about him but then I saw the way he looked at you and I realized how much he loves you."

"How was he looking at me?" I asked him, straightening my back.

"Let's just say that I've never seen someone look at another person with so much admiration and care," Felix chuckled. "You can't fake that, there's no way. I don't know what he wants from you but I do know he loves you."

"I was about to say that it'd be funny if he was faking all of it and if he was doing all of this shit with an ulterior motive but then I realized that I'd be the one getting burned," I said, frowning.

Felix laughed at this, "If that were the case, that'd mean you did all of this for no reason."

"That would be more embarrassing than this already is," I snorted.

"Yeah, this is pretty embarrassing for you," Felix chuckled to himself. "I think you could've gotten him without the whole stalking thing."