10. One fly in the trap

Getting home, Joni went straight to shower. Now feeling somewhat disgusted with himself, and even the soap and the warm water couldn't wash the feeling away. He shouldn't have done it. It shouldn't have happened, he had lost control and he wouldn't allow it again. If he would speak to no one about this evening, if Kasper would keep his mouth shut about it as well, then he could simply go on like it never happened.

After showering, after some time spent alone in his room, he walked downstairs where his father and Katja were still watching TV. Without saying a word, he lay down on the free couch next to them.

Asko gave a surprised look to his son and then at his wife. Joni rarely spent any time with them, he had a TV in his room, and at times it seemed impossible to get him out of his little nest if it wasn't for food.

"You came home earlier today than I expected," he spoke, looking at him still.

"Yeah..."

"Were you with Kasper?"

"Yeah," Joni stared at the TV screen.

"Hm did something happen?" he asked with concern, unsure how to make sense of this. Joni came home early, Joni willingly came downstairs, and watched TV with them.

"No..."

"No?"

"Well... yeah... we broke up," Joni replied.

"Oh?" Asko glanced at Katja again. "May I ask why?"

"I left him, he began to annoy me."

"I see..." Asko wasn't sure what else to say, Joni seemed reluctant to talk.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Do we have any cacao?"

"Yes, I think we do, would you want me to make you a cup?"

"Yes, I'd like that."

"And some sandwiches?"

"Yes, thanks, Dad." Asko got up smiling a little, for a moment he felt like he had gotten his little son back.

**^^**^^**^^**^^**

At school, Kasper was looking at him longingly despite Joni's outburst on that night. Joni tried his best to ignore him and Eva, who in turn was looking at him as though he was the bad guy! The nerve of them.

Friday at lunchtime, Kasper caught up with him in the hallway.

"Listen, Joni, I know you told me to stay away but..."

"And I meant it," Joni said firmly, continuing to walk towards the cafeteria where he knew his friends would be waiting. Kasper took his hand and gave him some sort of letter.

"Just please read this, I'm sorry Joni, I truly am." Joni pulled his hand free and continued his way, leaving Kasper behind, but he didn't throw away the note either.

After getting lunch he made his way towards the table where his friends sat, including Dima. Joni felt glad that Eva wasn't with him.

He sat down, opposite Dima.

"So, it didn't work out between you and Kasper?" Dima asked, taking a bite of his food. Joni shook his head.

"No, I should have trusted my first instinct," Joni replied, placing the note on the table, wondering whether to just ignore it.

"What happened?"

"I left him."

"Yeah, I know, Eva told me, and... well, she doesn't get why you did it."