Walking down the stairs to the place that I was yesterday with Papà and Vanni, I open the door and do the same path that I had done the day before, finding the same room that father had given me the katanas.

I grab them again, moving each one of them in my hands, taking my time to appreciate the beauty of it. Never thought that I would ever be able to find something so deadly, so beautiful.

From the corner of my eyes I'm able to see a shadow right next to the door, it was a tall figure from the blurry shape I was able to catch with my eyesight. I pretended I didn't see whoever it was on the door for a couple of minutes, making some basic tricks with the katanas, those that I used to do with a pencil while I was bored in math class, but now being huge pointy and shiny katanas.

Turning my head to whoever was on the door, finally accepting the fact that I was being watched and they weren't going to leave anytime soon. Unfortunately it was Giovanni that I found, he had his arms crossed and his black curly hair over his face, his dark eyes staring at me, I'm not able to read his expression, the best thing that I can take out of it is that he is bored.

" I've been here for a long time shorty," He speaks, smirking slightly as the words fly from his mouth.

"I know, I saw you getting in a bit after I picked my katanas," I answered, not daring to look at him in the eyes as I do so, the darkness in his eyes make me feel powerless and lost, a feeling that I hate and that he brings everytime he is around.

"Then why didn't you do anything?" I hear his footsteps coming closer to me, stopping only when he was right behind me, making me feel the warmth of his body right on my back.

"I didn't felt like it," I speak as I shrug.

"It could have been a threat,"

"But it wasn't."

"What if it was?" Vanni quickly grabbed my shoulder, his warm hands holding me tightly and turning me around in a violent way, making my katanas falling on the ground, Vanni pushing me closer to his face as he curved his back, making it possible for his face to be right in front of mine. " You could have died," He continues talking as his black eyes stare into mine, some emotion going through them but I can't put my finger on what it is.

Vanni is quite the mystery if you ask me, he looks like he doesn't care for anything nor anyone while he's letting all of those filthy words fly from his mouth, but then there are these rare seconds where it looks like he felt something, as if suddenly his softer side had came up even if it was showed with violence.

And I've noticed all of this even if we had met yesterday, I always found it easy to see through someone, being able to know what they're feeling just by the look in their eyes, how they shone and how they darkened.

But Vanni is harder to read, I can only see that he doesn't show his emotions, his eyes are as dark as they could be, seeming like they haven't shone in a while and are still trying to find the light that will finally make that happen.

"I'm pretty sure a threat would move and not just stay by the door," I answered him slowly and with a soft tone, making my voice almost unhearable scared that he might be mad or something.

"Some do that, darling," He says, smirking as he does so, showing his white teeth through the enraged smirk.

"But why do you care anyway?" I speak without really thinking about it before letting it slip from my mouth, letting my lips slightly fall apart from each other in regret, seeing how his expression changed from emotionless to confused, mad and - hurt?

Vanni doesn't say anything, he simply drops his hands from my shoulders, making the spot where his hands were, cold. He stood up at his full height, never taking his eyes from mine as he did so, it was like he wanted to say something but his mind was tricking him not to.

His body is still close to mine, he didn't make any attempt to let some space between us, if I moved slightly forward my B cups would be smashed on his hard chest.

Giovanni stared at me as if he was trying to find some type of answer in my eyes, as if it was something that couldn't have been answered with words but only with emotions.

And we stayed there in silence, staring into each other's eyes as if we had gotten lost into them, and I have gotten lost in his eyes for some reason. Something in them makes them unique and captivating in a way that I can not describe.

The darkness from his eyes only reveals what he has been through and it's trying to hide, even if he has never told me that, I don't need him to tell me because I can see it.

Even though sometimes he scared the shit out of me, just like yesterday's night, that is something that I will have to get used to. Life is hard and I have to deal with what comes my way.

I know that even if he acts like he hates me sometimes, he will teach me how to do this and help me out when I need to.

Giovanni's eyes made me believe that even if the world was falling apart and there was no light, I would be alright because we need darkness to make those beautiful stars in the sky shine.

After a couple of minutes of silent staring, I moved my focus to the door that was behind him, not being able to maintain eye contact for much longer, my cheeks feeling hotter as I realized what was going through my head.

"I don't see why I wouldn't care," Giovanni finally speaks, making me remember the question that I had asked minutes ago.

He walked past me and picked up the katanas that I had dropped on the floor when he turned me to him. I spined on my heels to find him fidgeting the katanas gracefully in his hands. Even though I didn't dare to ask, Vanni was perfect at doing that, making it look as easy as taking candy from a baby.

There was a little voice in the back of my mind telling me that I needed to learn how to do it so gracefully and elegantly, telling me that Vanni was the only one that could teach me how to do such a thing and I would have to trust him with all I had.

"You're staring at me," He speaks, his voice deep because of the lack of effort that he made to speak, still playing with the katanas in front of me.

"T-teach me how to do that," I try to speak firmly but my voice cracks in the begging of the sentence making me look reluctant.

"Do you want to?" Giovanni asks as he stops moving the long katanas and looks at me with a frown on his dark brown brows.

I nod, making up a new goal for what I want to do and be.

"Why the sudden change in thoughts?" He asks, smirking softly as he does so, a hint of humor behind his tone.

"Because I decided that I want to be the best Salvatore doing this," His eyes widened, surely not expecting my answer. "They'll fear my name and know me as VENENUM"

There was a tone in my voice when I said the last part that I didn't know I was ever able to, a cold and mischievous tone that would make me scared of being my own friend.

"If you're that excited for this, let's start then,"

And with that he passed the katana that was on his left hand to my right one, looking at me as if waiting for me to do something with the long blade.

Now I wasn't scared about what might happen next, in fact I was ready for whatever was coming and I could feel the adrenaline in my veins just from imagining what I would be able to do one day with the katanas.

"Let's start with something easy," Vanni says, walking to the left side of the room and opening a hidden door.