𝟓𝟏

You have to put yourself first

Those are the words that Yoru keeps saying day after day without getting tired of doing it. Seconds feel like decades and each hour a whole decade, there's nothing else for me to do besides staring out of the window and waiting for the days to pass by, hoping that eventually one will take him to me.

Then I hear a little knock on the wooden door, one that was way below of where Yoru usually knocks on. My head turns to the direction on instinct, pain runs through my body but its not enough to win the curiosity that is simultaneously running through my veins.

Blonde hair is the first thing I see, and then her bright blue eyes come into view along with her bright smile that could light up a whole room.

"Ciao sorella!" She yells as she sees me, her thick italian accent unable to be unhidden. We both have it since we only spent most of our lives with our parents.

"Ciao Bella," I whisper back, my voice not being able to be anything louder than a soft noise through the loudness of the room.

She slowly walks in my direction, going around the huge bed and standing directly where I am usually looking at, the window that has kept me company for so long.

"Mamma and Papà are in Italy, so Yoru picked me up to stay with you," Her smile grows as she touches the tip of my nose with their small hand.

Even though she is already 10 years old, she is quite short for her age. Having her at 1,43m always makes her go as a 6 year old, which she totally hates but maybe can even help in the future.

She examins my face for a long while, letting herself take time examining each feature of my face before her icy blue eyes end on my darkened ones.

Isabella doesn't smile, she knows better than that and most likely asked Yoru about what was going on, despite the young age and the lack of height Bella was never one to go through things without knowing exactly what is going on.

Maybe that is why she met him before I did and maybe even knew him better than I ever will.

At this point she might even know about what our parents do and just never thought about sharing with her older sister. She's young but she manages to sort things better than me and even find a solution faster than I ever could.

She is going to be unstoppable once she reaches the age parents think it's appropriate to start this, and I can only wait to see it.

"Let's go outside." She suggests as she goes to the other side of the spacious room, right where the closer is and takes some shoes for me to put on. Not even giving me a change to come back with any type of argument.

Slowly I sit up in bed, the movement making my vision darken and small spots fill it within seconds. The little blonde waits until she's sure I am okay and silently helps me put my shoes on.