𝟏𝟔

As days passed by, everything started to go back to how it was before

As days passed by, everything started to go back to how it was before. Akira wasn't the one training me anymore, instead there was a really careful Vanni, who would apologize every time he got too close to hit me or eventually did.

The day of the ball that they have talked about was getting closer. Akira had asked me if I wanted to go shopping with her and Yoru, since all three of us had to buy new clothes.

I agreed and today was the day that we were going out, the first time I see Yoru after the motivational speech in my garden.

Deciding to pick some clothes that aren't hard to take off since we're going to have to try new ones, I take a simple dress from the closet. Placing it over my body it looks like it's going to go great, also I take some black books to compliment the outfit.

When I was finally ready, I walked downstairs to find Akira and Yoru sitting on the couch, Akira sitting straight while Yoru was taking the rest of the space left, while they're eating M&Ms and chatting.

"Ready?" Akira asked as she was going to stand up but was pulled by Yoru before she could.

"Let me finish the M&ms first, we'll go next." Akira sighed and I simply nodded, taking in that food was a priority to Yoru.

I didn't even mind thinking about how they got in, at this point I just know that people who are trustworthy are able to come in whenever they want to. Making myself take away the thought that people who would want to kill me can also come in.

Papa walked in, greeting Akira and stopping for a second when he noticed Yoru laying down.

"Yoru Takahashi," Papà said as he stopped his tracks next to the couch.

"The one and only," she sat up straighter. "Francisco Salvatore."

Did they know each other?

"Long time no see." Father smirks softly as his eyes seem to get to a darker shade, the blue one looking almost as dark as his brown one. "You're making good friends, figlia." He turns to me with a soft smile before walking away once more.

Probably he's going to disappear into the house and I won't spot him for another week, actually I think he is making this on purpose...

"You know my father?" I ask Yoru as she goes back into her original position on the couch.

"Yeah we worked together once or twice." Yoru shrugged.

"With once or twice, you mean like five times or more." Akira points out with an amused expression on her face. "And all of those times you were as excited as the last time to work with a Salvatore."

"T-that is n-not true!" Yoru struggles to say as her mouth is filled with chocolate and her cheeks are now in a soft shade of pink.

"Why would you be so excited to work with my father?" I ask, tilting my head to the right.