𝟎𝟏

I was playing with my dolls, it's my 10th birthday today and I got a lot of presents

Mom and dad said that when I turn 16 they're going to tell me something, I just want to grow up so that I can know what it is!

Being a kid is boring, my little sister Isabella, she's only 4 and she breaks all of my toys! So I don't let her play with me.

" Anna!" I heard someone call. I left my room, closing the door first and then running downstairs to see what's going on.

It was papà, mamma was next to him, Isa was in mamma's arms.

" What's going on?" I ask.

Mamma and papà looked happy with something. The last time I saw them like this was when the rest of the family finally accepted that I could do something when I get older... they never tell me what.

" perché non giochi con tua sorella fuori?" She asked as she placed Isa on the ground, who immediately ran to me. Her blond hair was really big and her big blue eyes made her look like a doll, she was cute after all.

( why don't you play with your sister outside? )

I simply nodded and went outside with Isa.

" What do you want to do?" I asked tilting my head slightly.

" Why do your eyes have different colors?" She points at my eyes and grabs my checks. I actually didn't know. My left eye is blue but the right one is brown, and I'm the only one in the family with that.

It only makes me feel more like a freak.

" I don't know, it's weird isn't it?" I look down, Isa giggles and tilts her head.

" No, I think it's pretty." She smiles and I smile back.

We spend the whole afternoon playing catch and just looking at the sky together.

Suddenly I became best friends with my annoying sister.

6 years later...

"ANNA!!" Isabella yells as she comes into my room. " It's your 16th birthday!! Mom and Dad are going to tell you whatever they have to tell you!!" She shook me excitedly.

" I'm awake! I'm awake!" I said sitting up.

I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs with Isa, mamma and papà were there, on the couch just talking to each other.

" Figlia di buon compleanno," Papà said smiling, he hugged me while mamma just stood there with her blank face, the same as usual.

( Happy birthday daughter )

" Grazie papà."

( Thank you, daddy.)

As always, I had a bunch of presents waiting for me, I opened all of them and thanked them.