𝟎𝟗

Vanni looked reluctant as we spoke outside, this place really didn't look like my house, making me feel slightly lost in where the hell I've gotten myself into

The way that he looked away when he said that he was known as the Ripper was as if he was ashamed of it, ashamed of being known as such an awful thing, but I was already sort of expecting something like that since the other day he had told me that he enjoyed ripping his victims apart.

Akira's name seemed to fit her, I never really talked to her but she looked a lot less harmless than Giovanni has always looked.

At first when Giovanni was talking about that girl Yoru, I thought that they might have something, hating someone just because of the colour of their eyes doesn't sound much true...

Vanni made me want  to meet them but at the same time didn't, he said that they met because of friends in commun but that answer came way too fast for it, once again, to sound true.

Giovanni was either lying to me or being shitty at telling the truth.

Just to think that for one monent I gave away my trust to a damn murder makes me mad at myself, but I won't let it show, only acting as if I'm not bothered by any of the words that are coming out of his mouth.

Even the way that he said that he found the name that I had "invented" sounded more like he was mocking me than actually liking it, and I might be getting the wrong impression of everything he had just said.

But at this point I don't have any truth to hold on to, he could be lying to my face and making a fool out of me and I would never know...

How would someone hate his gorgeous eyes?

I shook my head trying to make my thoughts make sense, a part of me wanted to trust him and go along with what my father wanted, learning how to fight and become known in the Italian mafia, making the name Salvatore be respected.

But the other side only wants to run away and hide somewhere else, far away from all of this and just live a normal life, away from all of these killers and mafia stuff.

Despite the fact that I know that it wouldn't be possible for that to happen, the only way to get out of the mafia is dying, and once you're already born in it, only makes life harder.

"Are you alright?" I hear a deep familiar voice beside me, for a moment I had forgotten I was here with someone else, letting my thoughts fill my head, with despair and hope, everything is mixed at this point and even I don't know if I'm alright.

"Yeah I'm great," A fake smile is placed on my lips and I focus my sight on his eyes, trying to see if he believed what I said, but as always I can never read any emotions that crosses Vanni's eyes, always so empty but full of emotions that are willing to come out.

"You sure?" He asks once again, looking slightly concerned as his dark brown eyebrows frowned, almost touching each other.

I simply nod, not wanting to talk or else he could notice that I was lying from how low I would speak.