🦋Plans and Parties🦋

"What about pink lilies instead of carnations?" Thea asked, "they'd look better with the theme."

Kara and Thea were sprawled on the couch at the Queen Mansion doing wedding planning. It had already reached all gossip sites and tabloids. It was expected to be the biggest wedding of the century. The pressure was not easing Kara's worry and she was under a lot of stress.

"Hmmm," Kara hummed, "well, I wouldn't mind them. How about pink lilies and peonies? Together, they'd look beautiful."

"Excellent idea," Thea agreed, "onto guests."

"Hey El'divia, Speedy," Oliver walked into the room, "everything good?"

"Great," Kara mumbled, "not that you'd know."

Oliver raised an eyebrow at her passive-aggressiveness, she normally wasn't like this, "what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," Kara sighed running her hands through her hair, "I have a lot of planning left to do and it's killing me. Now shoo! I need to get back to it."

Oliver opened his mouth to say something, but Kara was no longer paying attention to him and Thea beckoned him out of the room.

"Is everything alright? Did I do something wrong?" Oliver questioned frantically.

"Boys," Thea rolled her eyes, "she's fine, but if you didn't notice she's under a lot of stress and is exhausted. You're not even helping her with the wedding planning. I'm sure there's something that you can do to help. You're getting married too," Thea scolded.

Oliver looked down, slightly ashamed, "what should I do?"

"Go help her," Thea pushed him out the door.

He re-entered the room where Kara was on her laptop. 

"Hey," he called and she looked up.

"Is there something you need?" she asked carefully before looking back at her work.

He sat down next to her on the couch and took her legs, placing them on his lap, "what can I do to help? I know that you're stressed with the wedding planning. This isn't a chore, this is the happiest day of our lives, well maybe second."

Seemed like Oliver's words had the opposite effect on Kara as she glared at him, "it has to be perfect! if not, it's going to be a nightmare because a million things could go wrong and-"

Oliver cut her off with a kiss to her lips and Kara relaxed instantly, the tension leaving her body.

"Calm down," Oliver reiterated, "tell me how I can help."

Kara looked back down, "you make the guest list. You know who all have to be there. Also, you have to take your boys for the tux fitting, don't forget! Thea made an appointment for Tuesday. I'm getting my wedding dress that day, Vera Wang insisted on designing it."

Oliver nodded, "sure," and kissed Kara on the forehead.

As if he could sense her worry, he rubbed her shoulders, "everything will be fine, don't stress so much. Besides, I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?" she questioned.

"Marriage traditions must have been different on Krypton or so you told me during your cousin's wedding," Oliver elaborated, "I think that the same way, we should have both types of weddings."

Kara's eyes softened and some tears appeared in the corner of her eyes. She had wanted a Kryptonian wedding like she had done for Clark and Lois, but she wasn't sure if Oliver would agree. It was silly of her to think that given that Oliver was the most perfect boyfriend ever. He himself initiated the idea and it made her ecstatic. She really wished that her parents were still alive so that they could meet Oliver, they would love him and her aunt Astra would say that he was exactly the man she wanted.