🦋Galas and Gowns🦋

It was a warm, sunny day in National City and Kara was just typing out her article about the recent attacks by Cadmus. She was going on her lunch break in about 5 minutes and she had come back a while ago from putting out a fire. She was so into completing the article that she didn't hear someone enter the building, much less walk up to her desk.

"Hey El'divia," greeted a very familiar voice.

"Oliver?" Kara asked in shock, "hey, what are you doing here?"

He leaned down to give her a small peck on the lips.

"Isn't it supposed to be your lunch break?" he asked checking his watch.

"Yeah," she nodded, "in five minutes."

"Good," he smiled, "I'm taking you out for lunch."

"Oh?" you raised an eyebrow.

"You don't have to be so sceptical," he rolled his eyes fondly, giving her a charming smirk.

"Don't use your charm smile on me," she retorted with a smile.

He grinned as Kara smiled back at him.

"Let me just save this and I'm all yours," she said as she began saving the article.

"You always will be," he winked and she couldn't help but blush a little.

When Kara finished, she got up and grabbed her purse before Oliver offered her his arm which she happily took.

"Lunch is on me," he said and when Kara made a move to protest, he shut her up with a finger to her lips and she scowled at him while he chuckled.

"KIERA?" called Ms. Grant as they were passing by her office to exit.

Kara closed her eyes and Oliver offered her a sympathetic smile. She plastered a smile on her face before entering Cat's office.

"Yes Ms. Grant?" Kara answered.

"Are you going somewhere?" she asked dubiously, always looking for the scoop.

"Yes Ms. Grant," Kara replied, "I'm going to have lunch, it's my break."

"With one of the most elusive billionaires ever to walk this Earth," Cat prodded.

"I don't love him for his money," Kara defended, "I love him for who he is. Besides, we had known each other for a while now."

Cat locked eyes with her to look for any weakness, but failed to find any. Cat knew that one of her favourite reporters was telling the truth because Kara was a wonderful person at heart and would never use someone for their money. Besides, Oliver Queen was mysterious and not nearly the playboy he once was. They were genuinely in love.

"Well," Cat exclaimed, "go on then. Have fun with your boyfriend."

"Thank you Ms. Grant," Kara replied and exited the office.

Oliver was patiently waiting for her and then once again offered her his arm which she took as they exited the building.

"So what did she want?" Oliver asked, Kara had told him that despite her calling her by the wrong name, Cat actually cared about her- he wasn't blind, he could see that.

"She was curious about our relationship," she smiled.

"Of course she was," Oliver mumbled and Kara slapped his arm using a little bit of her super strength.

"Hey," he groaned as he held his arm.

"Not all journalists are soulless," she retorted.

"Well," a smile instantly lighting up his face, "you are pretty great."