Episode 13 : New home ; 3

Start from the beginning

"Tell me. Where did you get that? I haven't heard of any places that sell figurines of myself or books of my journeys."

"Makes sense. These were only brought to the market in Tyres a few months ago by the lord as a form of thanks to you. He wanted everyone to know just how great you are. Also, is it true that you are able to freeze shadows to create that white flame?"

I chuckled slightly from the assumption guessing it was from the book "sure, why not. Let's say that I can for now."

The carriage was then drawn to a halt as we arrived outside the gate of the manor. Two knights came out on both sides of the carriage "you here with the lord's guest?"

"Yes, he's sitting right next to me."

I waved at him with the plaque Nallos gave me and he waved back in recognition "alright they're good to go! Open the gates!"

The metal bar gates then slid open and the carriage got pulled forward onto the smooth stone road leading to the manor, alot less bumpy than using the main road.

I must say it feels strange to not be rampaging in this place. The last two manors we entered got destroyed.

"Yeah it does feel weird... should we wreck it a little?"

Easy Thorn. We're here for my family, remember?

"Yeah, yeah, yeah I won't do anything brash don't worry."

The carriage then pulled up at the front door of the manor and I jumped down "thanks for the lift. Make sure to tell your brother that I said hi as well."

"I will, thank you very much for your kindness!" The knight left on his carriage and I pulled down my hood revealing Thorn in his cat form and disintegrated my white mask. I breathed out heavily from my nose hoping my family will be happy to see me and started walking up the stairs.

I knocked loudly three times and collected myself "you think they'll ask about your hand?" I looked down at my left hand which was covered in bandages but was trying to hide it with my white coat's long sleeves

"most likely."

The door then opened and I saw the familiar sight of my brown-haired muscular father

"hey dad... I'm home." I waved with my already raised left hand showing my bandages but before he could come in for a hug I was attacked by two tiny torpedoes tackling my legs

"big brother!" I looked down to see Lilly and Lucy excited to see me.

I crouched down and lifted them up to head height holding them in my arms "how have you two been? Not causing too much trouble for mom and the old man I hope."

My dad patted my shoulder and walked inside "all they've been in is trouble. Nearly half the manor is destroyed already."

I whispered good work to them and they giggled "brother where Lupy and Woody!?"

I'm guessing they don't like you very much Thorn

"good. Children are insufferable after all."

I placed them back down on the white tiled floor then Lupra and Ronik came jumping out of my chest

"master why do they call me "Woody?" My name is Ronik."

They're just kids who can't pronounce your name yet so your going to have to stick with a nickname like Kralthorn is.

Lilly began playing with the floating parts of Ronik's body while Lupra was being chased by Lucy.

I looked around for Sarah but she was nowhere to be seen in the vast hall "Where's mom?"

My father looked at me tiredly "your mother got worried sick since you didn't come here yesterday. I had to convince her to start doing a hobby to distract her." He then started walking up a staircase and I followed behind

"ah. Sorry about that."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you're not at fault it's just that... your mother is too quick to get hobbies done." He opened a door atop the staircase revealing my mother frantically knitting an ever-extending red, silk scarf

"how the hell is she knitting silk?" Thorns disbelief matched my own as we walked in to see Marquee Nallos watching in a corner with his wife.

"Sarah! Your sons here!" Nallos' wife called out and overwhelmed by bloodlust I froze

My mother's terrifying eyes loomed on me as she turned her head making both Thorn and I shiver in fear, why have you done this to me, Iona!

She darted at me, I wanted to run away like Thorn had but was frozen in place, the feeling of being overpowered by my mother's aura was terrifying!

She then clasped me into her chest holding me tightly making it difficult to breathe "oh! Cayde you said it would only take a week for you to get here but it's been 7 days 14 hours 3 minutes and 49 seconds!

She then pulled me out of her embrace and pulled up my bandaged left hand

"what's this!" Who dares to hurt my son! Where they the reason you took so long to get back!? I'll chop them up and turn them into noodle soup for taking my precious time with my son away!"

"I'm fine mom don't worry!" My mother stopped her dominating aura filling the room as I spoke "I just got a little careless on my journey is all. I ended up exploding one of the potions I was making and a few vial shards went into my hand. Nothing more."

My mother's expression pained as I said this "alright." She hugged me and my father gave me a smirk knowing full well it wasn't anything like what I said "Gill, Iona, I trust my family has been good guests?"

The bald lord and his black-haired wife approached us as I asked "they've been entertaining I'll say that. Your father has found work in one of my knight garrisons as an instructor for a special stealth unit while your mother is working at a general store I own."

I leaned into Gills's ear as my mother and father started heading out of the room "I trust you told my mother nothing about my relationship with Incursik."

He had an understanding look in his eyes as I pulled away "don't worry, your father explained everything to us, and after seeing this I doubt it's wise to tell her you fight for a living."

I nodded in agreement with him as I looked at the very long red silk scarf covering half the room "also, one more question" we began to head out of the room as he wondered what it was "I don't remember giving you permission to turn me into figurines..." Iona and Gill began sweating as I said this "much less so to use my reports of my journeys to write books." Their sweating increased "who's idea was it?" They both pointed at each other as we entered the corridor not fessing up.

I enjoyed the little show of nerves but sighed

"it's fine, I don't really care about it anyway so keep doing them if you want. Just make sure that you don't reveal anything proper and makeup as much stuff as you like."

The two relaxed, grateful I wasn't mad about it. It was obviously just a show of appreciation for saving their son and giving them the rank of duke from Earl in one fell swoop.