Episode 10 : royal duel ; 3

Start from the beginning

I know Thorn. That's why I proposed to do it without magic.

Torren stepped behind the bar along with the dwarven royals making sure they stayed out of the way for me while the human royals stayed close to the glass.

I could see Sophie looking at me full of anticipation of her fight with me, I didn't notice it before either but inside her blazer, I could see a red scintilla glowing brighter slowly. I then pointed my blades at her ready to fight. "Ladies get the first move." She smiled and rushed at me "be sure you don't regret it!"

She struck her sword directly aiming for my chest aiming to pierce it but I easily avoided moving to the side and looked down at her as I then slammed her sword down into the floor putting her off balance nearly falling onto the floor until I caught her by the collar of her shirt.

"Little too much speed not enough caution. Though the power was good in full respect "I then let her go walking down the aisle giving her room to reorganize pulling her sword out of the orange carpeted floor, her face was full of disbelief unable to process what even happened. "Again!"

This time I charged her with one sword striking down while I left the other behind me. She blocked the attack with her pure strength and danced around me avoiding the second swing freeing her sword parrying my free sword.

I then stood there surprised by her footwork that reminded me of a ballerina "your reputation is definitely deserved Incursik. If I was just a moment slower I would have lost that round."

"You sure you didn't?" A part of the collar of her blazer then fell and she realized that I could beat her a lot faster if I wanted. "One final time! I swear I'll at least make you falter!" I then taunted her over and stabbed my violet blade into the floor putting my orange one in a reverse grip. "We'll see if you have the bite to match your bark then shall we?"

She then ran at me once more with a vertical slash, I ran towards it blocking it letting it slide down my violet blade, and hit her with my shoulder back into the wall making her spit out in pain "daughter!" Her mother and father then rushed over to check on her as I put my swords away into my necklace.

"I believe that'll do for a spar, King Midas?" He looked back giving a satisfied smile "yes it will. Could you now tell my other two children some tricks?"

I turned around realizing what he wanted. He wanted his daughter to regain her passion to get stronger, and I just provided her an ample reason to. I probably shouldn't tell her I'm actually nine years old currently, she'll definitely want vengeance. I then walked over to Kai who was staring worriedly and Georgia who was fascinated by me still holding Lupra.

I stood still in front of them and pondered on what I should give them. I don't want to give any hints to how I train my mana or physical strength so let's just go with some basic knowledge that sounds advanced

"when using a spell it's important to not only focus on the compression of mana but also the density you channel it out as. You can view it as some sort of stream of water, its size will change depending on your circuits obviously as mine is currently like that of a medium-sized overflowing river while you have shallow yet wide water streams. It is important to not only consider how big they are but how much water is inside them."

The two children looked visibly confused by what I said: "you might not understand but I imagine your sister will once you tell her when she's awake." A man holding a white pillow then entered from the doorway shocked by the sight of the injured princess and slightly white-veined corrupted carpet in front of him. "Good lords what's happened?!"

King Welf then raised his hand stopping the worker from doing anything "just a bit of roughhousing nothing more."

The servant then apologized and presented three rings atop the pillow "these are the items you all have bought at tonight's auction. The center ring is buyer 66 while the left is King Midas and right king Welf." I then walked forward grabbing the center ring checking the items I had bought were all in there.

"Thank you for inviting me, Tory. If you ever need help you know how you can contact me."

Torren then took a sip from her wine glass "I know. Take care on the way home inky." I picked up Thorn planting him in my shirt pocket but gently took a sleeping Lupra from Georgia. "Thanks for looking after her."

She smiled happily "It's no problem. I've always wanted a pet." I then bowed to the two kings and quickly left.

"What an interesting boy. Not afraid to be rude to even royalty."

I quickly escaped the auction house changing my coat back to normal with alchemy and taking off my mask once I verified I wasn't being followed getting changed in an alleyway "why are you being so skittish demon? There's no need to worry is there?"

Changing my red smart shirt into my normal blue t-shirt I responded "it's not unlikely that some people from the auction will look to steal my items from me. Plus I really just want to get back to the guild so I can continue looking for my family."

"Family? What happened to your family?'

"I'll tell you on the way back. For now, let's just get a boat and leave this place." I then undid the long ponytail my hair was in letting it flow about freely as I walked to the port to head back to Entrana sorting it back into a short side ponytail with alchemy.